- HOME MADE CARDS
Have the kiddos make homemade cards out of pretty paper. (Raid you partner’s paper stash. Most moms have these around someplace.) Place the cards on a silver platter or whatever you have on hand. A nice long stem rose in a vase would be a sweet touch.
- BEAUTIFUL Tell here she is beautiful. Randomly, without trying to get lucky.
- PICNIC Pack a picnic lunch the old school way. Make stuff from home and put it in a basket or the cooler. Do not rely on the drive-thru window. If you have to pick up sandwiches at least go to the local deli.
- MAGAZINES with RIBBON Purchase all her favorite magazines and wrap a pretty ribbon around the bunch. Show up with the magazines and nice cup of tea or coffee in the best mug or cup you can find. Give her the morning to read in bed.
- BASKET OF FUN NAIL POLISHES Purchase a bunch of cute nail polishes at the local drug store or Target. Make sure you read the names on the bottle. Try to find some with names that remind you of her. But this in a little basket.If you can throw in a Nail Spa gift certificate that would be great. Just make sure you know where she normally goes for her manicures or pedicures.
- DETAIL HER CAR with LOVE NOTE Detail her car. When you are finished put a love letter on the driver’s seat. You remember those don’t you?
- MUFFINS AND SHOPPING Have the children make a simple breakfast in bed. Choose things that are simple like toast or muffins and juice. Then take her browsing at all her favorite stores.
- FLOWERS WITH LOVE If you purchase a bouquet at the local grocery store that is fine. Just take the time to put them in a vase and arrange them. Trim the stems and add the packet that keeps them fresh. Don’t leave it floating around in the water.
- FRAMED PHOTO with STYLE Frame a photo of the children. Write or type and print and special memory of each one and tape it to the back of the frame.
- Bonus : If you are a techie –snag her MP3 player and add a snippet of your voice reading a poem or singing her favorite song. Then tell her Happy Mother’s Day!
Need more? Check out these five super cute books to read with your children this Mother’s day or for dad to order and add to the perfect mother’s day package.