To keep my Holiday more organized, time saving and efficient I have set up a temporary holiday gift wrapping station. Its perfect for the Christmas season and other holidays you might celebrate during the month of December.
I use a table, a card table works perfectly, extra storage containers I may have on hand and a trash can to hold long wrapping paper rolls.
And without further needless chatter: Here is what I have at my Holiday Wrapping Station, yours may need a bit more or a bit less.
- Storage Containers for this and that, not necessary but helpful.
- One trash can, clean please.
- Scissors, one for me and one child safe pair for my youngest son.
- Gift Wrapping Rolls in regular and a longer version for larger gifts
- Gift bags for the folks in my family who would rather bag and tag then wrap, ribbon, bow and tag
- Tissue paper for boxes and bags
- Ribbons, Colorful Raffia, Natural Raffia, Yarns
- Bows large and small
- Gift Tags- I like the sticky ones but the tie-ons are so pretty
- Pens and Markers for writing on those nifty tags
- Sticky Notes just in case I don’t have time to use those nifty tags and markers
- Tape- I am trying out those wrist tape dispensers an the one that sits on the table. But I have dispensers and the old throw-away standbys on hand as well.
- Shipping Boxes: Just a few. I usually let UPS or Fed Ex pack up my things. They do it so nicely and efficiently.
- Packing Tape
- Current Address List: I make sure it is Up to Date before I send. It wold be awful to send my favorite hard earned and shopping for gifts to the wrong house. I did that with a Jazz CD my son was performing in with his High School choir once and never saw it again.
And the biggest helpful tip I can think of is wrap gifts when you are not so tired and enjoy the experience.
Have some hot tea and turn on some good music.
Try buying all your gift wrap, ribbons and bows in the same color family. This will speed up the process and save you time. I go with a red and white theme for Christmas because I can use the red bows for other gifts. Same with Hanukkah, the blue bows leftover are perfect for Blue Christmas themes, Father’s Day and little boy’s birthday gifts.