Halloween is Coming! The countdown has truly begun and my son is so excited he can’t contain his joy. He is constantly asking me how many days until he can wear his costume, eat candy, play with his cousins, and is his big brother going to be home that night?
1. Every Halloween we have crockpot chili dogs. Meaning, I make my Mean Momma Chili and add hot dogs during the last half hour or so to heat up. So good with chopped onions and shredded cheese. The perfect fall quickie dinner, especially Halloween which is such a long day for young children.
2. I have my mom-pack ready with a flash light and a glow stick for the little guy. He loves the idea of anything green and glowing to swing around or wear.
3. I always leave a note to myself to charge my camera and my cell phone the night before. ( always plan for a camera failure of some sort) If you happen to have spare batteries for your camera bring them along fully charged as well.
4.If you live near a mosquito or even think one might be flying around some place then pack some child safe repellant. Nobody wants to ruin their chocolate buzz with an itching episode.
5. It might get cold on Halloween night, and it will probably rain if the weather man says it will be sunny and clear all day. Pack jackets, umbrellas, hats, gloves, boots and toilet paper. You never know when you are going to be cold, wet, and you never leave home without some back up T.P..
I hope you have a really roomy handbag or backpack for all this stuff.
6. And don’t forget the hand sanitizer, runny nose paper ( Kleenix brand or whatever), and Beano. I am always in desperate need of Beano on Halloween, all that candy and chili can really bring out the worst in me. Folks letl me tell you walking down the streets greeting neighbors after two chili dogs and a beverage of choice can really get the trumpets sounding. ( so to speak)
7. Don’t forget the cute little bag you purchased at Michael’s or Target to hold your child’s collected treats. Don’t be the sad mom with the sad child carrying around the plastic grocery bag. What a waste not to remember the cute one. Wait, go put it in the car right now! To keep it simple:
Don’t forget you camera, the candy bag, or your child. Have Fun!
My daily challenge was writing this post, yours was to actually read it. have a rocking day! momma If you can think of anything I missed in our fun Halloween Checklist let me know. : )