Our Easy Creamy Potato Soup Recipe is perfect for a cool fall night or a crisp winter day. This creamy potato soup recipe is one of my favorite St. Patrick’s Day treats and pairs perfectly with my yummy Irish Soda Bread.
Easy Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
This recipe has simple ingredients that are pretty much on hand in our pantry and fridge year round. Potatoes, whole milk, onions, celery, and butter. Don’t you love it when you are having a nice hot bowl of soup and can recognize each ingredient? The chives are added extra flavor and color for the photograph. When serving the children, I like to remove the onion as a garnish and use shredded cheddar cheese or crumbled crisp bacon.
Sneaking in the Vegetables
Using blender or food processor creates the creamy texture of this soup and hides those vegetables! Consider adding a little bit of cauliflower, one carrot, and/or a handful of spinach and add even more hidden yummy nutrients in the soup, without you kiddos catching on to your magical culinary skills.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 stalk celery, sliced crosswise
- 1 3/4 Chicken Broth ( I prefer Organic)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper ( or black if that is all you have on hand)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and celery and cook until onions are translucent.
- Stir the broth, 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper and potatoes in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Place half of the broth mixture and half of the milk in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Repeat with the remaining broth mixture and remaining milk. Return to the saucepan and heat through.
- Garnish with finely slice green onions and serve with saltine crackers, biscuits, toast or Traditional Irish Soda Bread.
I hope you enjoy this yummy recipe!
If you like this, you may also like the Easy Turkey Chili Recipe.
Have a super day,