- Recipes – Simple Recipes for busy moms and dads to make and some traditional recipes for holiday events.
- Cleaning Tips – From cleaning schedules to how to tips.
- Organizing Tips – Organizing is the key to sanity in this over the saturated loud-techie world.
(Well organizing and turning off those silly electronics once or twice a week. 🙂 )
- Design – Decorating and creating beautiful things are very dear to my heart. My mom has been working in the textile industry and before that lighting for as long as I can remember. She has the best eye for color and can set the table for a king’s dinner in the blink of an eye. I learned from the best.
- Free Printables– I add free printables regularly and plan to a tons more in the future!
- Simple Challenges and Games – I first started blogging to write crazy challenges daily for moms to do around the house. You will see this in series around three times a year. We also have a fun point system during the Winter Olympics, and I may do so with the Summer Olympics as well. I truly believe that housework can be a bit fun if we just decide to make it fun!
I truly believe with organizing, solid daily routines and keeping some joy in the daily drudgery of home management we can take back that YES word and make time for what truly matters, our FAMILY! We can make time for the school bake sale, volunteering once or twice a year, picnics in the park and trips to local events. We can have time to be that mom we always dreamed about for our children. We can still own the word no, but deep down, yes just feels good every once in a while. We will be happy homemakers and productive awesome women!
About Momma aka Pam List
- I am a WAHM with one great hubby and two boys.
- I have been a mom for over 29 years.
- I have one boy
in collegegraduate from Pepperdine University and one in gradeJunior high school.
- I once co-managed a cafe and helped to develop one of the best darn cornbread dressing recipes you will ever taste.
- I was a band geek in high school.
- I love music. I have studied it, taught it, and made a decent living off it for many years.
- I am currently retired from my first career but may volunteer again in the field someday. I was a choir director and worship leader, music teacher and professional musician for many years. I also taught at the University Of Memphis Community Music School as a Kindermusik teacher as well as running my own business, Kindermusik with Miss Pam.
- I met my husband on-line! Married him and planted myself in a new state with new dreams and a brand new life.
- I love cooking, organizing, singing, reading and being a momma.
- I love gadgets of all kinds. My current favorite is the Ipad by Apple and its pal the iPhone and of course my beloved Kindle. ( recently added the IwatchIwatch and love it)
- My favorite “brick and mortar” hangouts are Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, and Barnes and Noble ( I am going to miss bookstores).
- I currently work from home for the family business, maintain a church website, am acting Vice President of a St. Vincent De Paul conference, run a very busy household, and drag my poor little boy to school, music lessons and martial arts until he is too tired even to whine!
- I just finished the Couch to 5k App on my iPhone, and it was the best App I have purchased so far for my phone. Next up…. the 10K!
- Discovered Paleo and I have wiped out my horrible PMDD, and I feel like a new person! I run on 80 percent Paleo and 20 percent of eating my son’s leftovers.
- I recently had breast surgery and was very lucky to have excellent medical care under a great doctor. Please get your yearly check-up , you as a mom and caregiver are worth the time it takes to get the scans and be healthy!
- My oldest son got married, I sprained my ankle horribly on his wedding night but still managed to do the mom and son dance. Update: He and his wife made me a grandma! She is the smartest and cutest baby in the world!
- I lost my best pal, my only brother to complications of Type II Diabetes. It has been the hardest thing I have every dealt with. I will most likely be writing more health oriented posts to help others realize how serious this disease can get in the long run. I miss my brother every single day.