There is nothing like the smell of bacon in the morning. The hickory smoked aroma rallies up the kiddos pretty quickly, especially when there is a promise of a stack of golden pancakes or a pan of beautifully scrambled eggs. On the slim chance of leftovers, bacon mostly goes with everything; it is the classic pearl earrings of the food world and a staple in many households. Its notoriety as a favorite food can be found on t-shirts, coffee mugs, and billboards across the USA, in other words, Bacon Rules. But oh, my jolly jumping jelly beans, it is a real mess maker in the kitchen. That is why I am sharing an easy way to bake bacon in the oven.
How To Bake Bacon
Let’s Get Started:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. ( I have been known to bump it up to 425 on super busy days, but you have to watch it very closely so the edges do not burn.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a sheet pan. ( Precut Parchment Paper Rocks!)
- Lay the 7 to 10 slices of thick cut bacon on top of the parchment paper.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until the bacon is really crispy. ( less time for thinner cut bacon strips plus no flipping required.)
- Drain on paper towels and serve on pretty platter
- Serve after bacon is drained, refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 to 4 days or freeze up to two months.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Question: What recipes do you use for leftover bacon? I am always looking for fresh ideas!