Football Season is here! And that means I am breaking out my small slow cookers for some festive dips and hot soups. Today I have gathered up a group of 10 yummy crockpot dips that are super easy to whip up for game day.
Are you a cheesy dipper or a garlicky yummy pizza dipper? Or both? How about some spicy bean dipping or Reuben yumminess on some toasted Rye bread?
CROCK-POT TRAVEL GEAR
The wonderful thing about slow cookers is that many now come with travel gear to keep the food warm and snug for a short trip to the fiel for tail-gating or a drive to you favorite neighbor’s super large flat screen.
BREAK OUT THE MINI-CROCKS
My newest additions to my slow cooker collection are Mini Crock-Pot. This means I can have two or three yummy dips going and maybe even a chocolate dessert dip if my guys are in the mood for something sweet. I love all crockpots but the minis are super cool.
TRIPLE DIPPER – HOORAY!
If you are a real collector of Crock-Pots you may want to invest in the Little Triple Dipper
,a festive trio of little crocks to make your dips even easier to travel with on game days. I have added it to my wish list on Amazon but if Target has the goods I have no problem grabbing one up there! There will be some recipe adjusting to do, but that is okay…. a perky pink calculator and a notepad should get my recipe collection ready for some Triple Dipper Action!
1. Cheese and Rotel Dip - Food.com Yum, Yum, the traditional Rotel and Velveeta recipe a family favorite and probably the reason Rotel and Velveeta were invented in the first place.
I always add a pinch of cumin and a 1/3 tablespoon of chili powder. I just can’t leave a good thing alone.
2. Cowboy Dip -Food.com - So darn good and completely Velveeta free. What??? Yep.
3. Pizza Dip- Taste of Home-I serve this with baguettes, sliced and grilled with olive oil and garlic. The grill marks are so pretty.
4. Championship Bean Dip - Taste of Home – This recipe screams for free range spicy ground beef and hot picante sauce. Picante sauce can get lost in heavy cheese and beans. I am going to repurpose this recipe very soon, it needs a bit of jazzing up, but is a very solid base recipe to make addtions to and enjoy with hot tortilla chips.
5. Spinach-Artichoke Dip with Blue Cheese and Bacon – Better Homes and Garden – This is delightful, but before you stir in the bacon at the end of your cooking time consider just leaving it crumpled and crispy on top. The crunchy salty goodness of the bacon will be such a delightful contrast with the ooey, savory goodness of the cheese, artichoke and spinach. Hello happiness, where have you been all my dipping life?
6. Warm Slow Cooker Crap Dip- Yummly- I am a huge fan of crab anything so when I spied this recipe I added it to my aresonal immediatlely. I would eat myself cross-eyed and stupid given the opportunity of a FREE CALORIE day.
7. Creamy Hot Sausage Dip -Kiki’s Creations - This one sounds awesome, I am a little concerned about the calories and fat so it would have to be a treat day only dip for me. But big burly men will certainly dig in and eat hearty because it is a very robust hot cheese dip.
8. Slow Cooker Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip – Betty Crocker - A bacon free version of hot aritchoke and spinach dip using jarred Alfredo sauce, simple and good.
9. Paddy’s Reuben Dip Recipe- This sounds so good to me and I keep reading that saukraut is good for digestion. Perhaps it will help wash down all of the cheese and sour cream. Serve with toasted Rye bread squares.
10. And Finally!!!! Chocolate -Slow Cooker Fondue- Have Mercy Thank You – Food Network - Serve this with everything, especially pretzels, fruits that can handle a dunking and maybe some French Toast sticks or sponge cake. ( Maybe not the Rye bread squares)
Enjoy your dipping time! You are totally worth it!