In the busy day of a mom’s life we often scramble to put on cosmetics then jump on that crazy train ride of the morning rush. This usually means that any kind of cosmetic care is left to the bathroom elves. And heaven knows, those little guys are not dependable.
I read a bit on line and it seams that mascara tends to get nasty and icky the quickest with liquid make-up bases and any kind of cosmetic gels running a close second.
Today please take two-minutes to toss out the old stuff and write down on your mom list things you need to replace. And while you are tossing the old stuff toss out the ugly stuff as well. We all make crazy decisions at make-up counters and drug stores when we are in a big mom hurry or when we are just trying to create some kind of miracle due to lack of sleep. Don’t let that stuff make you feel bad or wasteful just throw it out.
Here is a simple rule of thumb on cosmetics to play it safe, but you know I am no expert, I am just a crazy busy mom.
- Mascara – 3 months or if it smells funny.
- Liquid eyeliners, and concealers – 12 months or if it smells funny
- Liquid Make-up – 12-18 months or if it smells funny.
- All powdered based products can be kept up to two years if they were not contaminated with the above products.
- Lip sticks – two years if applied with a brush or finger.
- Make-up sponges – wash them everyday and to play it safe use a new one each week.
- Make-up brushes- wash once a month or again, if they smell funny.
Taking care of ourselves includes taking care of what we put on our face and especially near our precious eyes. And you are so worth taking care of moms! Happy You Week!