Country Style Fried Apples and Cranberries
A yummy Southern recipe with the added zip of fresh frozen cranberries. Crazy delicious and a side dish your guests and family will love.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Southern
- 4 Large or 8 small granny smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup real butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- pinch or two of salt to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Add apple slices and stir.
- Add frozen cranberries.
- Cook until apples are tender, 5 to 8 minutes. The cranberries will start to pop.
- Give it a little taste to see if you want to add the salt. I feel that salt brings out the flavors of the contrasting fruits!
- Serve as a side dish with any meat but especially chicken, fish, and pork.
This also makes a great ice cream dessert dish. Just a scoop or two of ice cream and a 1/2 cup of the fried apples with cranberries. Yum!
Keywords: apples, fried apples. cranberries and apples