Green Beans for a Crowd Easy Recipe
Fresh Green Beans with flavorful tomato and garlic. A real crowd pleasing simple recipe.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 14 1x
- Category: Vegetables, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Blanch the green beans by bringing a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. When the water comes to a boil, add the green beans and cook for two minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water and then drain again. Set green beans aside.
- In a large heavy pot (I use this one) with a well fitting lid turn the heat to medium-high, add butter and olive oil or just coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil, add sliced onions and sauté until that are just turning soft.
- The onions will be melting at the end of the total cook time, and this adds a pleasant sweetness to the dish.
- Add minced garlic to the would and let it cook for one more minute, stirring once.
- Turn heat to low. Add green beans, chopped tomato, dill, and thyme.
- (I use a diffuser on my gas burner element.)
- Let cook on low for 40 to 50 minutes. The tomatoes should break down, and the beans will be tender.
- Give the beans and gently stir and add salt and pepper to taste.
Add sauteed mushrooms at the end for more crowd-pleasing flavor.