Holiday Shine Challenge 2013 Day 13 – Bathroom Bonanza
Its Bathroom Bonanza! Today we are going to attack the dust, grime and ickies in the bathrooms swiftly and with a smile. Come on, you can smile while you clean, just turn on you super-mom powers and exercise those face muscles.
Need some motivation: How about a little Singing in the Rain?
If you have more than two bathrooms, then just clean and shine the ones your guests will be visiting during the holidays first and then if you have time address the others.
Let’s Get Started:
Microfiber towels or sponges
Magic Erasers if you have a one.
Wood cleaner if you have wooden cabinet doors
OPTIONAL: Something to listen to groovy music.
We are going to work this bathroom bonanza from top to bottom. We are not going to be sidetracked by the 15 Hot-wheels Cars that suddenly appeared on the counters and floor. Let’s just put those in the corner for a 52 pick-up later on in the day. We need to promise ourselves we are not going for perfectionism but just for a quick, company clean. They will not be having coffee and cake on the bathroom walls or in the bathtub. For the most part they will just be taking a tinkle, washing their hands and peeking in the medicine cabinet.
METHOD PRODUCTS REALLY SMELL GREAT ! This one is my favorite.
Smile Check! Are you smiling?
- Take your broom and whack down any spider webs or flying dust monkey trolls on the ceiling and in those high corners.
- Remove all items from bathtub area, shower stall, counter tops and the toilet area.
- Now take your all purpose spray cleaner and spray the bathtub, shower, sinks counters, counters, sinks, and toilet. Don’t forget the scary part near the floor. If you have little boys, you know what I am talking about.
- While you all purpose spray is doing its job, shine the mirrors and the windows if they are easy to reach.
- Now, take you wood cleaner and shine the fronts of the cabinets.
- Now, grab that microfiber cloth or sponge and start wiping down all the area you sprayed with the multi-purpose cleaner. Top to bottom is the best way. Left to right will really get your groove going and help you to move ore quickly.
- If you see any really obvious handprints or crayon marks on the walls, use the Magic Eraser or try just a damp cloth. Don’t get obsessed about the walls, we are moms, we know they we just get dirty again in a day. If your guests have children they will understand. If your guests do not have children and make a comment about the walls then just blow them a raspberry and move on with your awesome momma life.they are not worth your precious thoughts or time.
- Put your tools away and then put the items your removed back on the counter as neatly as you feel but try not to get side-tracked and start some crazy organizing session that will give you Holiday Stress Burnout. The one reason we are doing this quickly, ignoring our inner momma perfectionism is to prevent Holiday Stress Burnout.
This is part of the 31 Days to a Holiday Shine Challenge 2013! Its never too late to begin and enjoy the journey of the Holiday Season! We are cleaning, organizing, decluttering and preparing our hearts for the Holiday Season.
Have a super day!