Homemade Basil Mint Cranberry Lemonade Recipe
Refreshing mint and peppery basil add the perfect zest to this wonderfully tart and sweet cranberry lemonade.
- Prep Time: 8
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 to 4 Meyer lemons
- 7 to 8 cups water ( depends on how sweet you love it!)
- 6 sprigs basil – washed and patted dry
- 6 sprigs mint – washed and patted dry
- 6 extra sprigs of mint for garnish – washed and patted dry
- Place frozen cranberries and white sugar into a 2 to 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When berries are soft place into a fine mesh sieve and extract the syrup from the berries, over a glass bowl.
- Juice the four Meyer lemons over your glass bowl. I use a handheld lemon juicer.
- Place cranberry syrup, lemon juice, and 7 cups water into a glass pitcher. give it a taste.
- If it is too strong add a 1/2 cup to 1 cup more water to taste.
- Take glass jars and add ice and one sprig each of basil and mint. You can make around six good-sized glasses of the cranberry lemonade with basil and mint.
- Pour cranberry lemonade over ice and herbs. Add one fresh spring of mint for color. ( optional)
- Serve Cold!
Want more variation? Add fresh rosemary!
Keywords: cranberry lemonade, basil mint cranberry lemonade