No Soak Vegan Pinto Beans Recipe
The best no-soak method for pinto beans. Eat half and freeze a batch for chili or burritos!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 1.5 hours
- Total Time: 2.5 hours
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Latin
- Sort dried beans, removing any tiny mud clots, little rocks, or bad beans and discard. I use a large cutting board to sort our beans.
- Place sorted into the stockpot and cover with water about two and a half inches above beans.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil, remove from heat and let rest for one hour. (Turn off that burner busy moms!)
- After resting the beans, stir in salt and any spices you love. If you choose to add the can of jalapenos only add 1/3 of the jar, it can get pretty spicy.
- Bring beans to a boil over medium heat. When beans start to bubble reduce heat and simmer for 1.5 hours or until tender, you can pierce them easily with a fork. Check after around 45 minutes and again at the hour mark to make sure beans are still immersed in enough water, add water as needed.
Enjoy your tender, yummy beans!
If you like this No Soak Vegan Pinto Beans recipe, you may also like this super flavorful potato recipe. Greek Style Potatoes
Keywords: Pinto Beans, Mexican Beans