- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h
- Serves: 4 people
- Yield: 4 servings
You Will Need
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3/4 c chopped white onion
- 1 stalk celery, sliced crosswise
- 1 3/4 Chicken Broth ( I prefer Organic)
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper ( or black if that is all you have on hand)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 c milk
Creamy Potato Soup
- Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and celery and cook until onions are translucent.
- Stir the broth, 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper and potatoes in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Place half of the broth mixture and half of the milk in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Repeat with the remaining broth mixture and remaining milk. Return to the saucepan and heat through.
- Garnish with finely slice green onions and serve with saltine crackers, biscuits, toast or Traditional Irish Soda Bread.
- Additional garnish ideas, shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled crisp bacon, flash fried onions, buttery croutons.
Leave a Reply