- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 4h 15m
- Serves: 8
- Yield: 8 good sized servings. ( Country Size!) Or 16 servings a buffet or larger gathering.
You Will Need
- 5 lbs sierra gold potatoes or 5 lbs red potatoes, cut in halves
- 1 1/3 c water
- 1 c butter, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp. salt or salt to taste (which I prefer)
- 3/4 tsp. ground black pepper or white pepper if available
- 1 c milk, warmed
- Place cut potatoes in water for a 15 minutes and drain. ( this helps keep them from getting too sticky).
- Place drained potatoes, water, and butter into a slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover, and cook High for 4 hours.
- Do not drain the excess water from slow cooker you will need this for mashing.
- Mash potatoes with a masher, immersion blender or electric beater, adding the desired amount to warmed milk to mash our potatoes. I like them chunky but my kids like them creamy. It is a personal choice!
- Keep warm on low or warm setting until serving.
- *Tip: Purchase slow cookers that have a warm setting, this greatly helps with food quality when using slow cookers.
- Top potatoes with chopped fresh dill, parsley or chives for a pretty dish. Or add crisp crumbled bacon for a more hearty fare.
Leave a Reply