- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- Serves: 12
- Yield: 12 servings
You Will Need
- 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
- 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies
- 1/2 c Cilantro sparsely chopped
- 1/4 c Chopped Onion
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Seeded and chopped ( feeling brave, leave the seeds in and go for it)
- 1/2 tsp. Chipotle Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, ground cumin, chipotle powder, lime juice, and cilantro in a food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you love. I pulse four to five times, and then taste for needed salt and pepper, then pulse another four or more until the salsa is the perfect little chunks for crispy tortilla chips.
- Serve with chips, over fish, chicken, or steak. Freeze leftover and add to chili for added dimension and yumminess.
- p.s. I freeze my leftovers and thaw at room temperature.
Leave a Reply