- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 35m
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
You Will Need
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. real butter
- 1 medium onion - pared and sliced
- 1 tbsp. garlic - minced
- 1 medium to large head of cabbage - chopped into ½ inch strips
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ Tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet or pot warm olive oil and butter on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic - sauté until they become soft and slightly lucid.
- Add half of the cabbage, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and stir.
- Add remaining cabbage stir, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cook until tender but not so much that it becomes easily mashed. The fork should penetrate large cabbage veins easy. I like to caramelize the dish a bit by cooking with a lid for half the cooking time then stick around and watch and stir a couple of times until the edges of the cabbage turn a little brown. The flavor will be sweet and savory.