Simple Okra and Tomatoes Recipe
Tasty southern side dish made from frozen sliced okra and fresh cherry tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Vegetable, Sidedish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Spray a heavy dutch oven or skillet with a good fitting lid with canola oil.
- Place over lowest heat setting possible, use diffuser if you have one. Add olive oil, minced garlic, frozen okra, and cherry tomatoes to pan.
- Cook uncovered for 15 minutes, taking care the heat is very low or using a heat diffuser.
- Give the vegetables and garlic a careful stir, try to keep a few tomatoes whole, it makes the dish look extra lovely.
- Cover and cook for 30 to 45 additional minutes. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
This dish can be a wonderful meal served over rice or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
Keywords: okra and tomatoes