Slow Cooker Chicken Thigh Carnitas Recipe
Spicy and Tangy Chicken Thigh Carnitas is a simple slow cooker meal and perfect for tacos!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 4
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexcian
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar ( light or dark, whatever you have on hand)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Grab your favorite slow cooker and spray with canola oil.
- Add about boneless skinless chicken thighs, chili
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice of one lime on the top.
- Psst! I love the flavor of this Ancho Chili Powder, it just gives it that extra oomph.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours! Shred chicken and salt and pepper to taste!
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves and the juice of half a lime. Slice the remaining lime for presentation!
Serve with corn or flour tortillas, lettuce, pico de gallo, avocado and any or all of your favorite taco toppings!
Keywords: chicken carnitas, tacos, chicken tacos, Mexican Carnitas., Slow cooker carnitas