Southern Fried Potatoes and Onions Recipe
Fried Potatoes and onions are a simple side dish that is very tasty. The potatoes are creamy but a bit crispy and cook to a beautiful golden brown.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Southern
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil or Canola
- 1/4 Cup real butter
- 2 pounds peeled Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes sliced thin. ( about six hand-sized potatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add vegetable oil and real butter to a 10 or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- As soon as the butter melts add the potatoes and top with chopped onions, and salt, and pepper. I add about a teaspoon each.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10-minutes.
- Remove cover after 10 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes to cook a bit on the other side with the lid off. They should be fork tender.
- Keep cooking until you get golden brown that makes you happy then remove from heat.
- Adjust seasoning and serve!
Keywords: fried potatoes, southern fried potatoes, potatoes and onions