Southern Stovetop Buttered Potatoes
Southern Stovetop Buttered Potatoes a simple potato dish that is a crowd pleaser and the perfect southern comfort dish.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Sidedish, Vegetable
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Southern, American
- 2 pounds peeled Yukon Gold potatoes (Red or Baking are fine!)
- Water For Boiling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoon Salted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add potatoes to stock pot and fill with water enough to cover potatoes.
- Add salt to season water.
- Bring potatoes to a boil over medium heat and cook until fork tender. (15 Minutes)
- Remove from heat and drain. Add butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
Garnish with finely chopped chives or parsley for added color.
Keywords: buttered potatoes, stewed potatoes, potatoes and butter