Spicy Chili Fried Potatoes And Onions
Spicy Chili Fried Potatoes and Onions are a perfect side dish for Mexican, Tex Mex and BBq’s. Tuck them inside a burrito or taco, you will not be disappointed!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Vegetacle
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil or Canola
- 1/4 Cup real butter
- 2 pounds peeled Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes sliced thin. ( about six hand-sized potatoes)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crush red pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add vegetable oil and real butter to a 10 or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- As soon as the butter melts add the potatoes and top with chopped onions and spices. Add salt and pepper, I use a half teaspoon each to start.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10-minutes.
- Remove cover after 10 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes to cook a bit on the other side with the lid off. They should be fork tender.
- Keep cooking until you get golden brown that makes you happy then remove from heat.
- Adjust seasoning and serve!
Garnish with cilantro, thinly sliced scallions, or even jalapeños.
Keywords: Fried Potatoes, Chili Fried Potatoes, Spicy Fried Potatoes and Onions, Chili Powder Potatoes