Spicy Southern Funeral Potatoes Recipe
Traditional Southern Funeral Potatoes with the added yumminess of diced chilis!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- Category: Side Dish, Salad, Slaw
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Southern
- 2 packages Simply Potatoes (Shredded) 20 oz. or 2.5 packs Frozen Shredded Hashbrowns Thawed and Drained.
- 1-pint sour cream
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup ( I love this brand)
- 4 oz. can diced, green chiles, fire roasted mild, hot for those who like it super spicy
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp.onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups Corn Flakes, crushed Mixed with1/4 cup melted butter
- Cooking Spray for 9 x 13 Pan
- Combine sour cream, soup, and diced green chilis in a bowl. Mix it well. Add salt, onion powder, and cheese to mixture and mix until all combined.
- Add potatoes to creamy mixture, and stir until all combined.
- Spray clean 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Place potato mixture into greased 9×13 pan.
- Spread crushed corn flakes evenly on top.
- Pour melted butter over crushed corn flakes.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
Variations: Add one cup chopped ham or cooked ground sausage.
Add one small sauteed onion and a 1/2 cup chopped red pepper.