Hey, Momma! What’s For Dinner #50
Hi, Friends! A new week is here and I am so excited to start September. I really hope the weather is kind to all of us. Like many of you, I have been praying for Texas. As a family, we have made a decision to eat frugally for the next few weeks and put aside our money savings to donate to those in need. So you are going to be seeing tons of chicken and leftovers here at Momma’s house. We felt it was a wonderful way we could come together as a family to help those who truly need it. Next week we will be eating out of the pantry and the freezer with just a few fresh food purchases. If you have any tips on saving on food/groceries please share your ideas in the comments.
WAYS TO HELP OUR FRIENDS IN TEXAS
The Salvation Army – The Salvation Army is on the ground now, standard disaster assistance.
The American Red Cross – The American Red Cross is working to provide shelter for hurricane victims, as well as food, water, and blood as needed.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston and Houston and the Society of St. Vincent De Paul, both work to provide immediate and long term help to those in need during catastrophes. The Society also provides Home in a Box which will be so helpful long term for these folks in need.
The Texas Diaper Bank – Many organizations do not provide diapers, can you imagine not have diapers for you babies?
The Houston Humane Society – Hundreds of pets have been affected or displaced by the storm as well. My heart just breaks for families who have lost their furry friends or who cannot locate them.
MENU PLAN FOR THE WEEK
- MONDAY – BBQ Chicken and Grilled Veggies with Strawberries for a treat
- TUESDAY –Leftover Chicken, Momma’s Potato Salad, and Sliced Apples
- WEDNESDAY – Grilled Chicken, Baked Potato and Green salad with cucumbers and radishes
- THURSDAY – Sriracha Chicken Legs and Salad
- FRIDAY – Sheet Pan Supper with Green beans and Salad with fresh berries as a sweet treat.
- SATURDAY – Indian – I know I have a problem but the problem is delicious. I love Indian cuisine. (We are frugally eating our Indian at home with simple recipes or Amy’s Organic Frozen Meals.
- SUNDAY – Tamale Casserole, Arugula Salad, and Blueberries. I actually use my own recipe for Tamale Casserole, but this is kind of close.
I would love to hear What’s For Dinner at your house in the comments! If you need more dinner ideas find them here on the menu-planning board or
here at the orgjunkie.com
Don’t miss this new Facebook group just for the busy woman of today. Find out what all the fuss is about, get ideas for easy recipes, simple decor, self-care, and home organizing tips. BONUS- Free Daily Planner Printable exclusive to group members! You are going to love this! ???????? Click the link and join! –>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/happyhome101/
Our Facebook Page has really been booming but readers have suggested we have a place to take off our shoes, relax with a cup of tea, and chat about all the things that make a house a happy home! So we are creating a community to do just that.
I am so excited!