Today we are tackling a drawers we use daily, especially moms with school-aged children in the house or desk jobs. There is not one thing more frustrating than not being able to find a pen, paper clip or the stapler when you are in a big hurry. Decluttering the desk drawers are a wonderfully way to save time and frustration amid the chaos of a busy mom’s life.
How to Declutter Desk Drawers
Let’s Begin: Please do one drawer at a time. 10 focussed minutes and you are finished. If you just have one drawer at your desk then just do one!
- Grab a box or bin to hold drawer items temporarily and trash bag/can.
- Empty all contents from drawers and wipe down the inside of the drawer with a dusting rag or use a vacuum with attachments.
- Clean the drawer divider if you have one at this time as well.
- Empty out all desk drawer content into box/bin throwing out dried up pens and random bits of trash as you go.
- Move out- Items that do not belong in the desk drawer. If they belong at home ( if you are at work) place them in a bag or keep them in the box/bin that you are working with to take home later. If you are at home keep them in the box and put them away after the 10 minutes is up.
- Donate- If you have 300 black pens and 200 packs of spare staples you should either store these items some place else, share with co-workers or donate to a local school or charity a reasonable amount to make your drawer more of an office aide and less of a storage unit.
- Organize It – Organize the remaining items back into the drawer place like items together. You are totally finished and hopefully beat the timer, if not perhaps you can finish up tomorrow.
You are going to be so happy with a less cluttered more organized set of desk drawers!
Tomorrow we tackle the glove box of our cars.
Here is the 31 day Clutter Crusade Guide for the Month
You can right-click this photo and save it to your desk top or print it and share it with friends. Give Mommacan.com some love by tweeting you progress or sharing on Facebook with the hashtags #cluttercrusade or #mommacan.com. I am mommacansing on Twitter.