Happy Monday! This weeks we are working on our 40 Day Clutter Challenge and will be working in our storage room and garage a bit more and revisiting out bedrooms. My menu this week is filled with my favorite’s especially Crescent’s famous Greek style green beans! I am also sharing a tip on growing mint indoors to compliment our basil. Mint is such a wonderful flavorful plant and goes very nicely in salads and fresh teas! I just love it and will be sharing my favorite salad recipes utilizing mints in the next month.
Menu Plan For the Week
- Monday – Sheet Pan Supper – Chicken Thighs, Organic Yukon Gold New Potatoes, zucchini Spears all tossed in a garlicky/olive oil marinade, baked, and then jazzed up with some fresh ground pepper and lemon juice.
- Tuesday – Taco Tuesday – We have tacos almost every week but my son just loves Taco Tuesday. We use spicy ground turkey, fresh pico de gallo and grass-fed cheese. So yummy!
- Wednesday– DIY – Frozen leftovers and Fruit Salad made by my Jr. Chef
- Thursday – Grilled Chicken Salad with Fresh Peaches and Crescent Dragonwagon’s Greenbeans.
- Friday – Dinner Out
- Saturday – BBQ Whole Chicken, Roasted Eggplant with Heirloom Tomatoes, Greed Salad
- Sunday – Against the Grain Pizza with Nitrate Free Turkey Pepperoni, Mushrooms and Black Olives…. one of my favorite dinners.
Cleaning for the Week
Because we are in the midst of our 40 Day Clutter Challenge I am doing my daily cleaning list, scrubbing the tub and shower and making sure I keep the kitchen clean after every use. ( Which is a big deal for busy moms and dads with kids around!)
Here is my personally Daily Cleaning List.
- Bedroom :Make Beds, Pick Up Stray Clothes, Tidy Nightstand. Consider organizing your nightstand and pairing down the clutter to make this task go fast!
- Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold and Put-away One Load for Sanity and two If you are feeling industrious or have a large family.
- Bathroom: Wipe and Swipe! Wipe down sinks, counters and give the toilet a quick swish and swipe because icky toilets are gross!
- Floors – Sweep or Vacuum The Top Three Busy Rooms! The entryway, the kitchen and family room or choose your own top three.
- Kitchen –Clean As You Go! Every evening wipe down counters and refrigerator handle.Empty the trash. Set out breakfast tools.
- Tidy/Clutter: Spend 10 Minutes in the Morning and Evening Tidying and Decluttering Your Home. You may only need 10 and this is a team effort. Anyone old enough to put items in a box can help with the evening tidy session!
- Deep Clean – Don’t forget to deep clean one area or item each day for 5 minutes or until finished.
Your deep cleaning list should be built around items that can be finished very quickly. If your write things down that will take hours they will may never be accomplished, especially for busy working parents!
MONDAY HOMEMAKING TIP FOR THE WEEK – Growing mint indoors.
Thank you for stopping by and have a super day!
we are linking up with orgjunkie.com lots of recipe and dinner ideas!