There is nothing in the world more exciting than becoming a parent and the thought of a little bundle of joy to shower with love and special gifts. 50 Christmas Gift Ideas for Babies and Expecting Parents was put together with the help of my son and his daughter-in-law who just had their first baby.
There are of course several large ticket items that are not on this list but this is for Christmas and perhaps a baby shower and I kept that in mind as I was writing. Enjoy!
50 Christmas Gift Ideas for Babies and Expecting Parents
also check out 50 Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids and Teens
- What To Expect When You’re Expecting – the book- a standard for all moms for many years. Write a special note on the inside of the cover.
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting the Movie – A fun-filled story of five expecting couples whose lives are turned upside down with the challenges of impending parenthood. Seriously, gifts are not always about the serious; you need to laugh and enjoy the whole journey of pregnancy and parenting!
HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper Bassinet, Premiere Series – A wonderful bassinet, they have sure come a long way since this momma has had a newborn. Height adjustable and rotates 360 degrees.
- Jolly Pop Pacifiers – 0-3 Months – these are awesome and your need several for the car, the bassinet, the stroller, the crib, your purse, and some for grandma’s house!
- Raz-Buddy JollyPop Pacifier / Bunny Holder – This adorable bunny holds the Jolly Pop Pacifiers!
- Aden + Anais Silky Soft Burpy Bib – Keyword soft and they are gorgeous as well.
Vulli Sophie the Giraffe – So’Pure Vanilla Teether – This has great reviews on Amazon and is pretty darn cute. My grandaughter loves hers!
- Dr. Brown’s Bottle Warmer – Babies will love you when you give them a warm bottle of formula or breast milk, especially if their mommy is having a much-needed break. (hint, hint)
- Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow Wide Neck Newborn Feeding Set – these also come in pink and blue to jazz it up a little bit.
Dr. Brown’s Bottle Brush – because cleaning bottles is a must, may as well have a good tool.
- Aden + Anais Silky Soft Swaddle 3 Count, Midnight – pictured above swaddling a super cutie pie who looks pretty darn comfy.
The Expectant Father: The Ultimate Guide for Dads-to-Be – Dads needed the perfect baby book as well. This one is awesome; my son was quoting it before my grandchild was born. 🙂
Dude, You’re Gonna Be a Dad!: How to Get (Both of You) Through the Next 9 Months – another great book for the expecting father.
The Girlfriends’ Guide to Pregnancy Paperback – This was my favorite book during my last pregnancy. I was not so young any longer, which created a few worries in my momma smile. This book pulled me through it all as a “not in her twenties” mom to be. It is humorous, which I loved.
15. This is AWESOME! I would have loved this Star Kids Snack & Play Travel Tray why my youngest was little. This is perfect for parents with a toddler to keep occupied while you are tending the baby on the go, especially those days when you have to change the diaper in the car!
16. Cozy Greens® Baby Car Mirror – Nothing says I care like the gift of being able to check on your precious cargo without turning around. Each car should have one!
17. The Motherhood Collection 6 ULTRA SOFT Baby Bath Washcloths – because who wants a rough wash rag on their baby’s newborn skin?
18. Swaddle Sacks, Newborn Baby Sleep BlanketWith Headband – These are just adorable. Pictured above.
19. Magnificent Baby Pompidou Solid Footie – soft, cute on a boy or a girl. Why? Because babies are super cute!
20. Rabbit Skins 100% Cotton Blank Infant Baby Rib Cap – under five bucks and would make a terrific stocking stuffer!
21. Kissy Kissy Baby-girls Basic Bebe Collar Long Sleeve Bodysuit – Adorable white long sleeve bodysuit that can be paired or worn alone.
22.Kissy Kissy Baby Unisex Stripes Footie – Keep the little one cozy in the super cute striped footie.
23. Boba Baby Wrap – It would take me six months to figure this out but the babies are sure cuddled up close and seem to love it.
24. BabyBum Diaper Cream Brush – This is a tool that was simply not even thought of when my youngest was born 11 years ago. Add diaper cream, apply, and wipe clean. Genius!
25. Innovo Forehead and Ear Thermometer (Dual Mode) *CE and FDA approved – such an improvement over what we had when I was a baby. Parents will need a thermometer for several years and this one is very good.
26.Boudreaux’s Butt Paste, Diaper Rash Ointment, Tube 4 oz (Quantity of 6) – This stuff is great and these handy small tubes are wonderful to have in mom’s diaper bag, dads’ duty backpack and one for Grandma’s house. 🙂 That leaves three for replacements.
27. While we are talking tubes of stuff – new and expecting parents will need a quality sunscreen. This one is awesome. Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+, 3oz
28. Summer Infant Medicine Dispenser Kit, Teal/White – So sad when out little ones are sick, a medicine dispenser is a super helpful tool during those trying days.
29. Ubbi Diaper Pail – Because, poop stinks. This highly rated diaper pail is a super gift for parents to be and a few refill bags would be awesome as well.
30. Solavae Newborn, Baby, Infant and Toddler Grooming Kit – For many trimming a baby’s nails for the first time is terrifying or at the very lease nerve-racking. This kit is a good quality and the one my son and daughter-in-law use.
31. Busse Bulb Syringes – 3 oz – A staple for new babies.
32.The Windi Gas and Colic Reliever for Babies – My son told me about this; I was literally blown away by the bizarre idea of relieving gas for a baby with this tool. PROGRESS come in all things these days. I would have loved this when he was a baby because he had colic for two solid months.
33. California Baby Calming Shampoo and Body Wash – All the new moms where we live use this product. I loved Johnson and Johnson Head to Toe baby wash because it just has that unique baby scent from my childhood. But these days, everything is formulated with essential oils. Both are tear free, so pick one that you love.
34. Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes – This toy for little ones is a bargain and is small enough to add to the diaper bag.
35. Noisy Farm (My First Touch and Feel Sound Book) -Touch, feel, and hear the animals on every page of this sturdy board book. Engaging photographs and appealing textures encourage young readers to explore the exciting world of farm animals. So much fun!
36. We are Expecting A ‘we are expecting” ornament – This is adorable!
37. WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes, Natural & Chemical-Free, Travel Pack 12 Packs of 10 Count (120 Wipes) – These are perfect for on the go parents!
- Only 2 ingredients – 99.9% purified water, 0.1% fruit extract, nothing else
- WaterWipes may help avoid diaper rash or other skin sensitization problems
- Awarded National Eczema Association of America Seal of Acceptance
- Stronger & Thicker Wet Wipes – made using 50gsm material
- Suitable to use on your newborn baby’s extra sensitive skin – diaper changing, baby led weaning and cleaning of baby’s hands and face
38. Infant massage is a wonderful way to calm a baby as well as promoting bonding which is essential in childhood development. Check out this short information page on Infant Massage from the Mayo Clinic,
Calming – California Baby Everyday Lotion with Massage Oil & All-Over Wipes, is a great choice for infant massage. Ask your OBGyn where if there is a class you can take on infant massage or if he/she can give you tips.
39. The Baby Name Wizard, Revised 3rd Edition: A Magical Method for Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby – The Baby Name Wizard has used groundbreaking research and computer-generated models to pinpoint each name’s image, examine its usage and popularity over the last one hundred years, and suggest other promising ideas. A completely revised and updated guide to the modern world of names, The Baby Name Wizard is the only tool parents need to discover the perfect name.
40. Gro-Egg Room Thermometer – moms and dads swear this tool helps their kids sleep better. Keeping the room at a certain temperature seems to be a neat trick and this tool give you the heads up when you need to cool the room down or warm it up. I never knew anything like this existed until my sister-in-law’s first baby shower.
41. NoseFrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator – Shopping for baby showers and expecting parents Christmas gifts is a whole new ball game these days and this one is a real winner. The SNOTSUCKER is the new standard tool to clear snot out of your baby’s nose
42. Munchkin Waterproof Changing Pad Liners, 6 Count – These are just handy to have. Washing the entire changing pad can get overwhelming. Tucking these under the baby during changing can save time and energy!
43. Elegant Mother To Be Lace Sash and Glitter Tiara by Express Novelties Online – grab this set and take the mom-to-be out for a mani and pedi all dressed up in her MOM TO BE splendor
44. Daddy’s First Milestones – 6 Beer Bottle Labels with 1 Beer Carrier This is a pretty cool gift kit.
Set of six sticky labels and a carrier. Here are the label names.
Dad’s First Diaper Explosion * Dad’s First Baby On The Move * Mom & Dad’s First Date Night * Dad’s First Time Alone With The Baby * Dad’s First Time He Gets Peed On * Dad’s First Guys Night Out
46. The Sh!t No One Tells You: A Guide to Surviving Your Baby’s First Year – An honest look at surviving the first year of parenting. Finally, you can laugh while you learn that raising babies is not all belly tickles and snuggles, it is exhausting, so so worth it.
47. Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym – with nearly 2,000 positive reviews on Amazon, I am very impressed with this deluxe play mat. But honestly, they all start to look alike. This one does have melodies and lights so that is pretty darn cool.
IF YOU ARE STILL READING THESE GET READY FOR THE MOST AWESOME NEW ITEM FOR BABIES EVER!
48. 4moms, mamaRoo, Baby Swing This is the most amazing baby swing. I have seen it soothe so many babies so that busy moms can get a little bit of housework or GO TO THE BATHROOM! Hooray!
Here are the details: It moves like you do. The 4moms mamaRoo infant seat bounces up and down and sways from side to side, just like parents do when comforting their baby. Select from five unique motions, like car ride and tree swing, and five different speeds. Choose from four built-in sounds or connect it to any MP3 player. The seat reclines to multiple positions to allow baby to lie back and relax or sit up and play. The mamaRoo is now Bluetooth-enabled so you can control the motion, sound, speed and volume from your compatible smart device.
49. Here is a gift parent-t0-be love that Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Size 1 (8–14 lb) Economy Pack Plus, 216 Count are using disposable diapers. Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Size 1 (8–14 lb) Economy Pack Plus, 216 Count – Just make sure you purchase the right size.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
The Gift Card – You just can’t go wrong. I would not have come close to buying the right thing without the guidance of that baby shower checklist because gifts for expecting parents have changed dramatically in the past ten years.