These inexpensive and beautiful fall pillows and pillow covers are super cute and perfect to ad some new style to your fall seasonal decor. Enjoy!
The best fall pillow covers are affordable (cheap) and versatile enough to use for several seasons and, most times, year round. Fall pillows add a little extra to the living room and outdoors on a super cute bench or chair. Fall colors are warm and inviting and sometimes vibrant and the perfect decor item. Fresh up your home with fall decorations around the house, but especially pillows. They are a bargain with lots of impact for a new look in your autumn decor.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Fall Pillow Covers Are A GREAT Economical Choice
I will be honest. I visit the local Home-goods and TJ Max to just hug pillows and pretend I am decorating every neighbor’s couch within a five-mile radius. This means I can feed my heart’s desire to design in every shade imaginable, in every style I could dream up!
Dreaming means the price tag is just a number. It is fantastic! Dreaming is a great thing! But then we have reality…
Reality means I have two couches and a few chairs to decorate a few times a year. I admit the first year of COVID, pillow cover obsession was a real coping mechanism. I was buying every season of Gnome pillows known to man, and folks, my husband cannot stand the sight of gnomes! But I was hooked, and nothing got between me and that “Say Yes to the Gnome” button on Amazon.
I will be honest, all those cute sayings and gnomes on those pillows got old pretty quick. And they are now for sale at the local Thrift Store, much to my husband’s delight. The man is not anti fall throw pillow cover, but he is for sure wary of any Amazon truck that drives down out street! HAH!
But y’all, I have got to say, despite by 12 months’ worth of gnome pillow covers from Amazon, it TRULY did not break the bank! You can get a cute pack of pillow covers without spending a ton of money! That is why fall pillow covers are a great economical choice for updating your throw pillow covers in fall.!
Nuts and Bolts About Throw Pillow Covers
Before I share my favorite picks for fall throw pillows, I wanted to list the benefits of using pillow covers and where to find the bulky pillow inserts. Listed below are why these covers are the easiest ways to decorate and take up little storage space.
- Space is precious, and decor enthusiasts that love accent pillow happiness would need a dedicated room to store pillows. Pillow covers are easy to pack away!
- Many are machine washable! If you have kids, this is an extra plus happiness point!
- They come in so many unique designs and new styles are always ready for the new season.
- The Best Part! Let’s face it, they are affordable! I adore unique designs and lots of color at times, and then I suddenly need to use more neutral colors and show off a fun accent pillow. Pillow covers allow me to get wild and crazy without breaking the bank!
Styling Pillows For Your Home
Often we buy a variety of pillows that we like and are dumbfounded or frustrated when we get home. We simply cannot make our favorites work together cohesively. EVERYTHING looks amazing online and in stores with pillows!
I will let you know my secret (or secret to my sweet husband) trick. I use my favorite clothes as a palette and his! If you open my closet, you will notice a ton of neutrals in a variety of shades many are blue, several are black (because I am artsy) and neutrals like cream or wheat. You will also find a selection of patterns in bright colors and sweaters in bright peaches and oranges, and a little of mustard yellow here and there.
My husband’s closet is filled with neutrals, golf shirts, and comfortable t-shirts with funky logos and most everything is a neutral shade. But there are a couple of vibrant blue shirts, because frankly, that color looks amazing on him and it is all I buy for him! HA!
Put these colors together and I have an array of palette choices. We have a two neutral couches, which I chose because I love variety and it gives a blank slate for a pillow palooza party!
Once you have your color choices, you are halfway there!
Solids, Patterns, and More
The pillow choices in the world are endless! Mixing solids, patterns, florals, checks, and an occasional word or phrase can be so much fun. There are plenty of blog posts on the world wide web with rules. I mean, probably hundreds, if not thousands. But honestly do what you love! I do suggest trying different sizes and staying somewhat in your chosen color palette but other than though, do what you love. But if you need a little extra direction. I am here for your friends!
5 tips for styling with pillows!
- Size Matters: It’s important to pay attention to the pillows’ sizes when styling a bed or couch. You should check that the pillows are proportionate to how small or big the furniture piece is. You need the pillows to be cozy, but not too big, so they will flow with the rest of the arrangement.
- Keep it simple: Use the largest pillows on the outer edge and work your way inward, accenting with a small pillow in between. And balance things out by using a long pillow of just one size next to a variety of different sized pillows. But don’t forget to mix colors and patterns in the process!
- Make a bold statement with a script pillow that captures who you are and defines your life’s motto. It’s especially relevant when balancing out a composition of decorative pillows.
- Do you want back support in your pillow design? Don’t forget to add a lumbar accent pillow in your layered mix. I love finding a cute lumbar pillow with just one sweet element of design or even the script mentioned above!
- Go for a funky shape! In addition, the traditional lumbar shaped pillow tries for interesting accent shape in spheres, round, triangle or other funky shapes! I mean for fall a pumpkin shaped pillow would be super cute! Right?
Momma’s Amazon Picks for Fall Pillow Covers
Neutral pillows but also come in a variety of accent colors. I love a great neutral with texture!
MIULEE Set of 2 Decorative Throw Pillow Covers Rhombic Jacquard Pillowcase
These super cute pillows com in a variety of colors and are my absolute favorite this year! Fint them on Amazon!
Set of 2 Striped Corduroy Plush Velvet Pillowcases
Farmhouse Decor Stripe Patchwork Linen Throw Pillow Covers with a Faux leather stripe! Just a beautiful contrasting neutral that will work with a modern design as well. Another wonderful design pillow cover. Find it here.
Lumbar Pillows in accent colors, many are also available in neutrals.
I bought these MIULEE Decorative Throw Pillow Covers with a textured jacquard design. They are the perfect size for small chairs to add a dash of color. I purchased the bean green, pictured are a beautiful fall orange, a little on the brighter side. Perfect for Fall, Spring,and Summer!
Looking for More Fall Pillow Covers?
Check out Amazon.com and just browse to your heart’s content.
Leave a Reply