Learn To Conquer Holiday Stress With Self-Care
November and December hit busy moms everywhere each year with oodles of planning, cleaning, cooking, shopping, and general mayhem. It can really run a person down and can rob the joy out of the holidays.
The truth is holidays can be the most stressful time of the year. Learning to conquer holiday stress with self-care is one of the best things you can do.We are going to help you preserve your peace of mind and joy during the holidays!
Here are Five Reasons we need reasons we need self-care during this crazy season.
Reasons for Self-Care for Busy Moms
- Shopping: Listening to the cheerful Christmas music blasting from Target’s store is almost a slap in the face when your shopping list is nine-feet long, your feet hurt, you had a candy bar for lunch, and a pile of dishes waiting in the sink when you get home.
- Parenting: Children everywhere have school projects due the week before the holidays, or at least it seems that way. And let’s not forget, Christmas concerts, the Church Nativity, Sports, music lessons, and a dozen other commitments. It can get pretty hectic and those sweet angels can feel a mom’s stress signal the moment it strikes and they mirror our feelings. When we are cranky, they are cranky. Ugh.
- Work: Work does not simplify when Christmas is coming. Deadlines explode, expectations are tripled, and the bottom line becomes Mount Everest coupled with a token Christmas party and too much wine to deal with co-workers who drive you nuts.
- Home: Our homes are put under a microscope during the holidays. Busy moms raise their personal expectations of homecare for Thanksgiving and Christmas to ridiculous levels of “Martha Stewart” perfections. ( remember gals, we do not have a staff of employees for Christmas miracles )
- Self: Just as moms put their homes under scrutiny, so do they put themselves. The sincere promises of self-care through the year, seem to never manifest for the same reasons as always, too many responsibilities coupled with the burden of mom-guilt.
The holidays season is a tough time of year.
Conquer Holiday Stress with Self-Care
This year we are offering building blocks to learn How To Conquer Holiday Stress. In just 12 days of simple self-care tips and challenge, you will learn how to prioritize your health, happiness, and focus during this holiday season.
I hope you can join us! I will be sharing the post in our Happy Home 101 Facebook Group and if you have questions feel free to ask in our little spot in the Facebook world.
Or simply follow along with the next 12 days as we create building blocks to our own journey of self-care for the holiday season and beyond.