My one goal as a mom is to have peaceful mornings. I have many accomplishments in this goal and many failures.
I have accomplished no fuss meals in the mornings and for lunch, clothes ready for the week, clutter control (well, sort of) and a little bit of mom power walking to get my day going.
The one thing that pulls on the fishing line every day is my kitchen. No matter what I do at night to tidy that monster seems to be messy the next day.
Here is a compact list of items I find sitting around when I wake-up in the morning.
- Empty cereal bowl complete with sticky spoon and random stuck cereal on the side of the bowl.
- Empty microwave popcorn bag and the empty bowl that held the popped corn.
- Diet soda cans and water bottles
- String cheese wrappers
- Random apple cores
Sometimes there are Ramen noodles wrappers and pots from the cooking.
Now, notice I am not calling out names because there will usually be a wine glass and a cork on the counter as well. I know, I know, shame on me.
So, here is my big plan to get my morning a bit more magical and we will see in the next few days if its a keeper.
- Empty the dishwasher before bed.
- Place a cute little Post It note for my family to remind them that we do own a trash can and a dishwasher.
- Clean the kitchen sink and wipe down the counters.
- Declutter as much as I can from the counters to give my family the Zen feeling and hope they will want a little Zen in the kitchen as well.
I hope this works. It is not much fun to get up to the mess and try to make LIttle Guy’s breakfast and lunch in chaos. I am not a fan of chaos and I am a big fan of peaceful magical mornings.
Simple Daily Challenge: Spend 5 minutes tidying the kitchen and help it reach its Zen shine potential.
Question: How do you deal with your family’s need to clutter up the kitchen at night?
Leave a Reply