I have one word that describes today and the main reason I am going to keep this short and sweet. HOT. It is crazy hot in California today and I checked the weather in the U.S. and it is pretty crazy hot in lots of areas. I love a good summer day, I do not love the ability to fry eggs on my patio. But I must visit the patio this evening to water my plants. Speaking of plants our video tip today is all about how to grow vegetables in pots. I am going to start some quick-growing lettuce this week because I really feel children need to learn to grow vegetables for the experience and for the incredible positive effect the outdoors has on their moods. 🙂 Please, when your young children are outside playing make sure that an adult is present at all times. ( I am not fussing but things happen so quickly and our babies are so precious.)
Enjoy your week!
MENU PLAN FOR THE WEEK
- MONDAY – Belated Father’s Day Dinner Out
- TUESDAY – Kitchen Sink Pasta (Recipe coming soon) and watermelon for desert ( Did not make it last week)
- WEDNESDAY – Bun Free Burgers with guacamole, baked sweet potato fries and cherry pepper pickle slaw leftovers, yum!!
- THURSDAY – Grilled Steak, salad and apple slices with nut butter and honey as a treat.
- FRIDAY – Dinner Out
- SATURDAY – Salad Bar Supper – Lots of choices and lots of Health!
- SUNDAY – Family BBQ – Grilled Chicken Thighs smothered in homemade BBQ sauce, Huge Green Salad, Simple Pasta Salad for the kids.
CLEANING LIST FOR THE WEEK
Monday – Deep Clean Kitchen – Choose wisely on major appliance or area to deep clean.
Tuesday – Bathroom – Give the bathrooms and good scrubbing, especially, tubs, showers, sinks and mirrors.
Wednesday – Dust and Mirrors and Windows
Thursday – Wash Baseboards in All Bathrooms – Psst. Assign this task to a tween or tween. ( I use this product when the kiddos are pitching in)
Friday – Declutter-one area for 5 to 10 minutes or catch up on anything that was missed during the week. Keep it simple, Friday is for family and fun!
Saturday – Linens and extra laundry. Don’t you love the idea of fresh smelling sheets and towels!
Sunday – Free Day – Family Day –You pick your favorite, summer is nearly hear and it is really time to start planning several choices for family fun days!
How to Grow Vegetables In Pots
Linking Up With: Orgjunkie.com