Southern Jiffy Cornbread Pudding Recipe is an easy and delicious side dish for holidays and family gatherings that feeds a crowd! We love serving it with pulled chicken and gravy and a good helping of green beans. A family favorite that is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and any other day just for good eating.
My family has solid Thanksgiving traditions, and it takes a real winner to have a spot on the buffet for our large family gatherings, the same for Christmas and Easter. Easy Southern Jiffy Cornbread Pudding recipe is a worthy contender and has now been placed on our permanent holiday buffet list. Yes, it is a popular recipe and is so easy that it is almost ridiculous.Easy Cornbread Pudding is simple the most comforting dish for any special occasion! mmm, so good. Click To Tweet
Tips for Jiffy Cornbread Pudding Recipe
- Bake it in a beautiful dish, it molds perfectly, even to our family heirloom octagon pie pans and our favorite Le Creuset White casserole dishes.
- Add some yummy shredded cheddar, swiss, or any other shredded favorite hard cheese.
- Consider adding a few seeded and chopped jalapenos with the cheese for a little heat.
- Make sure to double the recipe for family gatherings, as the cornbread pudding recipe disappears quickly.
- Have the recipe handy to share with friends. I a Southern gal who moved to California and many Southern dishes are new to the people I meet.
If you love this you will also love our Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob!Print
Easy Southern Jiffy Cornbread Pudding Recipe
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: vegetable
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Southern
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup butter for a casserole dish
- 8 oz. container sour cream
- 1 can regular kernel corn drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Butter casserole dish.
- Place slightly beaten eggs, melted butter, sour cream, creamed corn and whole kernel corn in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine ingredients well.
- Add Jiffy Cornbread mix and store until mixed will into corn mixture.
- Pour into large buttered casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered forty-five minutes making sure interior heat registers to at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The casserole should have golden edges and the middle should be firm to the touch.
Double this recipe for big family dinners! It will take 9 x 12 casserole dish and about an hour or more to finish cooking.
Keywords: Corn pudding, corn casserole, cornbread pudding casserole, Jiffy Corn Pudding