Southern Jiffy Cornbread Pudding Recipe is an easy and delicious side dish for holidays and family gatherings that feeds a crowd! We love serving it with pulled chicken and gravy and a good helping of green beans. A family favorite that is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and any other day just for good eating.
My family has solid Thanksgiving traditions, and it takes a real winner to have a spot on the buffet for our large family gatherings, the same for Christmas and Easter. Easy Southern Jiffy Cornbread Pudding recipe is a worthy contender and has now been placed on our permanent holiday buffet list. Yes, it is a popular recipe and is so easy that it is almost ridiculous.[bctt tweet=”Easy Cornbread Pudding is simple the most comforting dish for any special occasion! mmm, so good. ” username=”mommacansing”]
Tips for Jiffy Cornbread Pudding Recipe
- Bake it in a beautiful dish, it molds perfectly, even to our family heirloom octagon pie pans and our favorite Le Creuset White casserole dishes.
- Add some yummy shredded cheddar, swiss, or any other shredded favorite hard cheese.
- Consider adding a few seeded and chopped jalapenos with the cheese for a little heat.
- Make sure to double the recipe for family gatherings, as the cornbread pudding recipe disappears quickly.
- Have the recipe handy to share with friends. I a Southern gal who moved to California and many Southern dishes are new to the people I meet.
If you love this you will also love our Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob!Print
Easy Southern Jiffy Cornbread Pudding Recipe
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: vegetable
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Southern
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup butter for a casserole dish
- 8 oz. container sour cream
- 1 can regular kernel corn drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Butter casserole dish.
- Place slightly beaten eggs, melted butter, sour cream, creamed corn and whole kernel corn in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine ingredients well.
- Add Jiffy Cornbread mix and store until mixed will into corn mixture.
- Pour into large buttered casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered forty-five minutes making sure interior heat registers to at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The casserole should have golden edges and the middle should be firm to the touch.
Double this recipe for big family dinners! It will take 9 x 12 casserole dish and about an hour or more to finish cooking.
Keywords: Corn pudding, corn casserole, cornbread pudding casserole, Jiffy Corn Pudding