Cleaning List and Happy Days
Welcome to a brand new week! I am motivated this week because there is supposed to be a nice cool spell midweek and the possibility of rain, which is a really big deal here in Southern California. I am determined to carve some time out for my PPM – Persistent Personal Maintenance so that I can be rested, energetic and generally just a bit happier of a mommy.
I hope you find this week a wonderful adventure, because we may as well make the best of it even though we may be dealing with crazy busy calendars, family life and work schedules.
I am making a mini-challenge to you all. Carve out 5 minutes or prayer or meditation today, just sit and think or sit and pray for five simple minutes. Enjoy the Journey! Now on with the menu plan and cleaning list.
Psst. I will make some vintage references and mention a show called Happy Days? Ring any bells?
- Monday – Pizza Night – Against the Grain Pizza, Chopped Veggie Salad
- Tuesday – Turkey Tacos
- Wednesday – Shredded BBQ Chicken, Gluten Free Cornbread, Cole Slaw and Fresh Fruit
- Thursday – Pasta with Turkey Bolognese
- Friday – Thai from our favorite local place. Mmm, they make the spiciest Chicken Fried Rice I have ever encountered, you ears smoke and your eyes water. It is essentially perfect.
- Saturday – Grilled Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy with Sauteed Green beans
Sunday – DIY Diner – Mommy needs some rest.
Cleaning List for the Week
- Monday–Deep Clean Kitchen–Choose wisely on a major appliance or area to deep clean. This I suggest cleaning and organizing the pantry. It is so much easier to put together a quick pantry meal when the pantry is well-organized and stocked with a few staples.
- Tuesday – Bathroom – Give the bathrooms and good scrubbing, especially, tubs, showers, sinks and mirrors.
- Wednesday – Dust and Mirrors and Windows – Dust all the furniture and doodads, shine all mirrors and windows on the inside.
- Thursday – Tidy the Laundry Room – I bet there are things that have been sitting on counters that need to find their way home!
- Friday – Declutter-one area for 5 to 10 minutes or catch up on anything that was missed during the week . Keep it simple, Friday is for family and fun!
- Saturday – Linens and extra laundry. Don’t you love fresh smelling sheets and towels!
- Sunday – Free Day – Family Day – An opportunity for movement! What can you do that is a bit different this weekend? Shake things up a bit? Local art museum or visit a hobby shop and build a model airplane….. not an App on your smart-phone but and actual model airplane or maybe a sweet “57” Chevy.
- Easy snap-together assembly, no gluing or painting needed
- Highly detailed chassis and interior
- Custom chrome wheels and rolling vinyl tires
- Optional custom peel ‘n stick graphic decals
- Illustrated assembly instructions
Cleaning List and Happy Days
I know model building is a bit old-fashioned but it is a great conversation starter because they are usuall vintage cars. Do you remember the Fonz? Happy Days? Those were good times. lol