My routine has changed up a bit because Little Guy is home on Winter Break. I would bet that many of you have a different schedule during these last days of holiday and Christmas preparations.
I am sharing my revised routine with my daily duties minus work details. Please feel free to share yours if you like. You never know what you might say on this great World Wide Web that will give some overwhelmed mom or even dad the little boost they need to get stuff done.
The Dirty Dozen During Winter Break
- Morning Routine- coffee, check email, make bed get dressed.
- 5 – minute power walk
- 5-minute or 100 item pick up
- Make Breakfast
- Laundry Boost- Staying a little ahead of the laundry game each morning really helps. One load a day or like this: Boost it in the morning, dry it a little later, fold it at night.
- 30-minutes of movement with my Little Guy example: walking or playing ball.
- Lunch- Always fun to have lunch with the children. Feels a little bit like a Diner here with Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with snacks.
- Brain Break: To keep all those nifty math facts in my Little Guy’s head over winter break. 15 minutes
- Planned Dinner- This week I plan to eat all food in the freezer to make room for the muffins and breads I am cooking for Christmas Dinner and Breakfast.
- Kitchen clean-up: I must admit my dear husband does this most of the time, but he is not a fan of washing pots and pans so I wander in after he is finished loading the dishwasher and wash a thing or two. ( yes, I am a lucky girl)
- Calendars and Lists updating and checking: Before bedtime: I check my calendar for what is coming up tomorrow and what I may need to add from my notes and email. If I do this every day nothing gets missed. My Holiday Projects and lists are a must to keep updated at this point. I have promised myself not to be a last minute shopper.
- Evening Routine- Pajamas, Face, Teeth etc. My awesome husband gets little guy ready for bed and then he and I read together for a bit. Day is Done: I am too tired to read at this point. Because in between all of this I am now blocking in 2 -3 hours of wrapping, shopping, cooking, cleaning and spending time with my family.
What is your routine looking like now?