FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE!
I am sharing 10 Slow Cooker Dips for Football Season plus a few tools to get the dips ready to serve!
Football Season is here! And that means I am breaking out my small slow cookers for some festive dips and hot soups. Today I have gathered up a group of 10 yummy crockpot dips that are super easy to whip up for game day.
Are you a cheesy-dipper or a garlicky yummy pizza dipper? Or both? How about some spicy bean dipping or Reuben yumminess on some toasted Rye bread? It really does not matter because you are sure to find a favorite in our 10 Slow Cooker Recipes for Football Season! 🙂
Before your start planning your dips check out my favorite cookery for making dips.CROCK-POT TRAVEL GEAR
The beautiful thing about slow cookers is that many now come with travel gear to keep the food warm and snug for a short trip to the field for tailgating or a drive to your favorite neighbor’s super large flat screen. Or you can grab the Hamilton Beach 33957 Programmable Stay or Go Slow Cooker which has a latch to keep your yummy dip in place, especially if you are serving a crowd. BUY IT HERE
MY NEWEST LOVE FOR ALL THINGS DIPPING
Hamilton Beach Party Crock Cast Iron Dutch Oven – This is a beautiful yet classic, durable, enameled cast iron with slow cooker convenience. Great for buffets but pretty enough for your table. Buy It Here!
- Cheese and Rotel Dip – Food.com Yum, Yum, the traditional Rotel and Velveeta recipe a family favorite and probably the reason Rotel and Velveeta were invented in the first place.I always add a pinch of cumin and a 1/3 tablespoon of chili powder. I just can’t leave a good thing alone.
- Cowboy Dip -Food.com – So darn good and completely Velveeta-free. What??? Yep.
- Pizza Dip- Taste of Home-I serve this with baguettes, sliced and grilled with olive oil and garlic. The grill marks are so pretty.
- Championship Bean Dip – Taste of Home – This recipe screams for free-range spicy ground beef and hot Picante sauce. Picante sauce can get lost in heavy cheese and beans. I am going to repurpose this recipe very soon, it needs a bit of jazzing up, but is a very solid base recipe to make additions to and enjoy with hot tortilla chips.
- Spinach-Artichoke Dip with Blue Cheese and Bacon – Better Homes and Garden – This is delightful, but before you stir in the bacon at the end of your cooking time consider just leaving it crumpled and crispy on top. The crunchy salty goodness of the bacon will be such a delightful contrast with the gooey, savory goodness of the cheese, artichoke, and spinach. Hello happiness, where have you been all my dipping life?
- Warm Slow Cooker Crap Dip- Yummy– I am a huge fan of crab anything so when I spied this recipe I added it to my arsenal immediately. I would eat myself cross-eyed and stupid given the opportunity of a FREE CALORIE day.
- Creamy Hot Sausage Dip -Kiki’s Creations – This one sounds awesome, I am a little concerned about the calories and fat so it would have to be a treat day only dip for me. But big burly men will certainly dig in and eat heartily because it is a very robust hot cheese dip.
- Slow Cooker Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip – Betty Crocker – A bacon-free version of hot artichoke and spinach dip using jarred Alfredo sauce, simple and good.
- Paddy’s Reuben Dip Recipe– This sounds so good to me, and I keep reading that saurkraut is good for digestion. Perhaps it will help wash down all of the cheese and sour cream. Serve with toasted Rye bread squares.
- And Finally!!!! Chocolate -Slow Cooker Fondue- Have Mercy Thank You – Food Network – Serve this with everything, especially pretzels, fruits that can handle a dunking and maybe some French Toast sticks or sponge cake. ( Maybe not the Rye bread squares)
Enjoy your dipping time! You are totally worth it!