Today is Day Three of the 31 Day Clutter Crusade!
Today we are working on just one Medicine Cabinet. We are all busy moms and honestly deserve a tidy medicine cabinet. We should have a cabinet that does not spill out cosmetic items and band aids every single time we open the door. I suggest getting rid of all old meds by checking the dates and any kind of cosmetic that is old or has an odd odor that would indicate it is old.
Here is a super quick guideline on cosmetics.
- Mascara – 3 months or if it smells funny.
- Liquid eyeliners, and concealers – 12 months or if it smells funny
- Liquid Make-up – 12-18 months or if it smells funny.
- All powdered based products can be kept up to two years if they were not contaminated with the above products.
- Lip sticks – two years if applied with a brush or finger.
- Make-up sponges – wash them everyday and to play it safe use a new one each week.
- Make-up brushes- wash once a month or again, if they smell funny.
After zipping through this list, just use the Keep it , Donate it and Toss it guide lines below.
For each item that is not in its proper home do the following steps.
- Keep it – decide to keep it and then put it in its proper home.
- Donate it- If you do not need it any longer and it will be of use to someone else place it in a donation bin.
- Toss it- If the object is of no use to you any longer and not fit to donate then get rid of it. Throw it in a waste bag and take the whole bag to the outside bin at the end of the session.
This is the simplest method to get rid of clutter.
The entire clutter challenge for just one medicine cabinet should only take about 5 minutes. I would love to see your results on Facebook of you can send them in an email format to firstname.lastname@example.org and I can add it to a victory post!
Here is the 31 day Clutter Crusade Guide for the Month
You can right-click this photo and save it to your desk top or print it and share it with friends. Give Mommacan.com some love by tweeting you progress or sharing on Facebook with the hashtags #cluttercrusade or #mommacan.com. I am mommacansing on Twitter.