I have been shopping like mad to get all the cool stuff I would like for our at home Halloween this year. Many of my decorating ideas have come from the Houzz website and window shopping at the local Pier 1 and Pottery Barn. But those things can get pretty pricey, so I have made a few rules for myself this year.
1. Make a Budget
2. Buy only things that will pack flat and if I must buy a cutesy item that is bulky I have to let go of another item. Ever single Halloween decoration hat to fit into three or less Rubbermaid storage boxes.
3. Buy items I can use over and over again. For example, the Apothecary Jar Set pictured above can be used for any holiday, every day decor and perhaps my son and his fiancée can make use of them at their wedding, reception or a bridal shower.
4. Repurpose- Utilize a few Christmas lights in the mix and I will not have to buy 50 bucks worth of purple lights to make the yard more inviting and adventurous.
5. Hunt for bargains at TJ Maxx, Homegoods, Target and my favorite, Amazon using my Prime Membership with 2 day shipping. I am amazed every day that Amazon is cheaper than most brick and mortar stores, especially for books! We buy tons of books to read in this house and to pass on to others when we are finished an Amazon has great deals.
6. Buy paper products that are earth friendly and chocolates and candies that are fair trade and organic when I can.
Do you have a Prime Membership? It is worth every penny. Check it out here.
Here are the super perks of an Amazon Prime Membership
* Instantly watch over 40,000 movies and TV episodes with titles for everyone
* Borrow books from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
* Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping with no minimum order size
The two-day free shipping is my favorite.
I am a busy mom, as are most of the readers here and you can bet shopping for items that have better prices than my local brick and mortar store coupled with free two-day shipping and no waste of gas in my car sounds pretty darn good to me.
You can view many Halloween items by clicking through to the Halloween Shop on Amazon. I would bet it will trigger the inner decorator in you and you will be creating awesome fall and Halloween settings in no time at all.
Happy Decorating and Happy Weekend!
Wait, what about a coffee mug? Well, once or twice a week I mention little items that my boys might want to get me for Christmas. And this is the hint.
Have a rocking day!
(mommacan.com is a part of the affiliate program at Amazon and uses the money to keep this website up and running. over and out)