Hi, friends! I am so excited for this week to begin! This week I am working on adding summer colors to our home decor and finishing updating my office. I am hoping to spend some time outdoors visiting local parks but the schedule is filling up quickly with end of school year activities and preparations for summer. I really, really, want to take advantage of the late spring blooms here in a California because we had some rain this yer and it is absolutely beautiful.
Because the schedule is so full we are cooking once to eat three times this week. This really simplifies meal prep for the week. Yes, it would be easier to grab a burger here and a slice of pizza there, but I honestly feel better when I eat more veggies and lean meats. My energy level is amazing and I sleep better.
Monday I am starting another 10 Day Sugar Detox. This time I am following the plan using the supplements. I have heard great things about adding magnesium and a high-quality multi-vitamin to my daily routine. I currently use a yummy adult version of the Flintstone Vitamin of my youth. 🙂
10 Day Sugar Detox
Two years ago I lost a complete pant-size on the detox. And with summer coming around the corner, I figure losing a pant size sounds pretty good about now. As a matter of fact, I am so convinced I am thinking to purchase one pair of jeans in a smaller size and a cute top to hang in the closet as motivation.
Here is what we are having for dinners this week!
- Monday – Slow Cooker Turkey Breast, Greek Style Green Beans, Rice for the boys. (Portion freezing leftovers)
- Tuesday- Oven Poached Chicken Breast, Cucumber, Onion and Tomato Salad and Leftover rice for the boys.
- Wednesday- Taco Salad from the 10 Day Detox Cookbook. (page 124) We are subbing the flank steak with leftover chicken breast. Strawberries for an after dinner treat.
- Thursday – Turkey Chili minus the beans, green salad, and kiwi slices for a treat. ( Making extras for a dinner next week and a couple of quick lunches)
- Friday – Leftover turkey breast coconut curry sauce with red pepper strips and mushrooms, cauliflower rice for me and rice for the boys.
- Saturday – Dinner Out
- Sunday – Grilled Flank Steak over a Tomato and Fennel salad with yummy vinegar and olive oil dressing.
If you are curious what morning and lunch menu items are on the detox I will share what I am planning.
Several yummy smoothies for breakfast and an occasional plate of sauteed veggies and eggs. ( note, for detox I will be removing banana and dates from my smoothies) For lunches, I will use leftover cooked turkey and chicken, canned sardines, and in a pinch nitrate, free turkey slices served with a huge salad using a list of low carb vegetables available in the book.
I bought olive oil packets to keep with me at all times in case I end up eating a salad away from home. I have been using this box for two years. The olive oil has a great taste.
You might be thinking why the 10 Day Sugar Detox?
Just like you, I am a super busy mom. I don’t have time to count points, calories, minutes of exercise, reps of weights and all these other countless todos when you are on a “DIET”. This plan is really the best way to eat that I have found. You start to feel super energetic by day three. You sleep like a baby. Your body just feels better. Not having to keep any real numbers data makes it so much easier. Some folks weigh themselves and take measurements. I use my skinny jeans as my meter. LOL
I will let you all know how I am doing on my slim down for summer goal. If you want to lose a little weight or just feel better join me!
linking up with menu planning with orgjunkie.com
Leave a Reply