Welcome to a new week! This is an opportunity to shake things up and make your house a home by ridding every nook and cranny of clutter! This week we are sticking to the daily basics and then tackling items around the house to slim down the stuff to make room to breath which in turn will help us to relax. Can you relax in clutter?
We are going to dabble in my favorite clutter-fighting method lately, Kon Marie! .The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
Now one with the show!
Menu Plan For The Week
- Monday – Lemon Chicken, Green beans and new potatoes.
- Tuesday – Burritos with turkey taco filling, freshly chopped tomatoes, avocado and shredded romaine lettuce.
(Freezer Cheat with Frozen Pre-cooked ground turkey with taco seasoning)
- Wednesday – Pressure Cooker Turkey Breast, Mashed Cauliflower, Organic Peas and Carrots
- Thursday – against the Grain Pizza with Applegate Farm Turkey Pepperoni and Greek Salad
- Friday – Dinner Out (Um, yes, its my birthday.)
- Saturday – Pasta with my Turkey Sunday Gravy and Gluten Free Pasta with Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Fresh Fruit
- Sunday – Grilled chicken, coleslaw and Spicy BBQ Beans.
How to Kon Marie – First of all reading the book or listening to the audio cd or Audible is the best way to learn the method. You will feel the lightbulbs turning on in your head and a sense of wonder as you home is transformed from chaos to peace.
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing, outlining the process through which she takes her clients when she helps them organize their homes. The message of the book is crazy simple surround yourself only with things that bring you joy. Don’t hold onto things because you feel guilty discarding them or think you might use them someday, this clutters you physical space and your mental space. This is why the books really helps, check it out here. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
For our week we will be doing just a tast of Marie Kondo’s Method. Books, Cosmetics and Clothing. Clothing means all of your clothes….. even the boxes stored in the way, way back of the closet. Here is our quick method to use for our purposes this week- 1. Picture how you would love your books, cosmetics and clothing to look. Do you see your books organized by color, title or subject? Are they neatly aligned in a bookcase and easy to find? Your cosemetics, can you find things you need quickly? Are they easy to put away? Clothing, do you love and use every single items you are seeing in your mind? Picture a clean closet with just clothes you love and bring you joy!
1. Gather all items (I mean every single item you are working on that day into one big pile._
2. Take each one and decide, do you need this, do you love this, did you buy it and never read it, wear it or use it? If not let it go. Donate or toss, whatever suits the items most.
3. When you are completely finsihed, then you can organize the items left.
I have literally let go of more than 8 boxes of books, 10 bags of clothing and shoes and most of am working on cosmetics again this week, so jury is still out on those results.
Here is your list for the week!
- Monday – Books
- Tuesday -Finish Books
- Wednesday – Cosmetics
- Thursday – Clothing
- Friday- Finish Clothing
Would love to hear if you have positive or negative results? Let me know in the commetns or on Facebook.
Enjoy your week!