School starts here this week, I am happy that my little guy will be moving into halls of Jr. High, but sad he won’t be here to hang out on these wonderful California summer days. I will miss having him around and his carefree attitude that surrounds his aura when there is NO HOMEWORK! School days are finally here and the days will just get busier and busier as activities are added to the family schedule.
I am going to be super active in getting as many real family meals on the table as possible this fall, because, it is just simpler to eat healthy balanced meals when you are cooking and eating at home.
Now on with the show!
Menu plan for the week.
- Monday – Peachy BBQ Chicken Thighs, Green beans and watermelon chunmks.
- Tuesday – Tacos with all the fixing for the boys and taco salad for me. Our favorite meal of the week.
- Wednesday – Super busy days, dinner at our favorite Lebanese restaurant. Mamma’s Hummus
- Thursday – Simple pasta salad with fruit salad for desert.
- Friday – Dinner Out
- Saturday – DIY Supper- Soup, Salad or Sandwiches
- Sunday – Grilled Chicken, BBQ beans and slaw
Cleaning List for the Week
- Monday – Deep Clean Kitchen – Choose wisely on major appliance or area to deep clean. This I suggest cleaning and organizing the pantry. It is so much easier to put together a quick pantry meal when the pantry is well-organized and stocked with a few staples.
- Tuesday – Bathroom – Give the bathrooms and good scrubbing, especially, tubs, showers, sinks and mirrors.
- Wednesday – Dust and Mirrors and Windows – Dust all the furniture and doodads, shine all mirrors and windows on the inside.
- Thursday – Clear out paper clutter in home office or desk. Shred what needs to be shredded and file the rest.
- Friday – Declutter-one area for 5 to 10 minutes or catch up on anything that was missed during the week . Keep it simple, Friday is for family and fun!
- Saturday – Linens and extra laundry. Don’t you love the idea of fresh smelling sheets and towels!
- Sunday – Free Day – Family Day – An opportunity for movement!
I am still working on updating all the calendars with school events and things. It is a huge task in my already busy schedule.
Question: Do you add all the dates for the school on the calendar at once, or update it monthly or bimonthly???
Have a super day!
Linking up with orgjunkie.com