I have put off posting my after photo of the broom closet for many days because I thought I would find time to drive over and find a few organizing gadgets to make it a little bit better.
However, life suddenly got real busy here in Momma Land.
- School volunteering is much more this year than last because I decided to say Yes.
- Children’s church choir kicks off in a week and I have tons to do to get folders and CD’s ready.
- I have a family, work, and a TO DO list longer than the Declaration of Independence.
- I kept thinking to myself I really need to get upstairs and start organizing and decorating the play room so that Johnny’s friends feel like it is a playroom and not a storage facility for Legos and Baukugans.
- This is the first year in 26 years of parenting that I have decided not matter how the earth is spinning and whether or not Pluto is a planet or some kind of lonely moon, I am going to exercise every day and actually make and keep doctor’s appointments for myself.
( I put off yet another appointment recently so that I could spend more time with Johnny before school started, days later I am in outpatient surgery and dealing with pain that would bring me to my knees due to a tumor in my breast.)
I can say this stuff because this is a woman oriented blog, if you are reading this and you are a dad, my apologies if I have made you uncomfortable.
Wow, I can sure rant when I am making excuses. But on to the before and after and mini wish list.
Look at the before! Shame, shame , shame on this momma, look at that mess.
Hello empty after photo! I have room for that super awesome carpet cleaning that I spied at one of my Target Time-outs for Mom.
But next up is my mini wish list for even more organization.
- Better mop and broom holder, The one I have tends pop out the handles unexpectedly, which will scare the pants off of you if you are home alone and closet is shut. “ Things that go bump in the day.”
- A hanging basket to hold cleaners. I am considering a whole door unit and moving the mops and broom to the side wall.
- One item that makes me smile or makes me happy. I know it sounds whacko but seriously no one likes to clean unless there is a bit of joy. If I can bring joy into that broom closet than perhaps I can smile at least for the first 5 minutes or so of cleaning.
What room, shelf, closet or area can you organize in just three-minutes per day?