There are moments in my early days of parenting that I truly thought I would lose my mind. The countless trips to the grocery store, the endless mounds of laundry, the bills and the clear lack of time I had for self-care. One day a friend of mine mention this really good speaker that would be giving a free class on productivity at a local college here in Southern California. His name was David Allen and the talk changed my life. I can’t tell you exactly at which moment something clicked for me, but it did. And the rest, you can say, is productive history and how I discovered Moms Need GTD.
I was able to create a blog, learn many aspects of Web Development on top of raising my sons, working, home-keeping and volunteer activities. I was amazed. There are still times when I feel overwhelmed, but then I take a moment and realize I have not updated my notes, cleared my head of all the stuff and not cleared out my inbox. Once I do those three things, I feel in control again. Do you want to be in control? At least to a point of sanity? Still not convinced? Keep Reading.
6 Reasons Why Moms Need GTD
- You misplaced your keys amongst the clutter on your desk for the 15th time today.
- You have always wanted to learn another language or how to finally find a chance to do the New York Times Sunday Crossword Puzzle.
- You forget to buy milk yet again on your last trip to the grocery store.
- You want to spend more quality time with your family and actually, have a date with your husband before you have grandchildren.
- You forgot to charge the camera for the Awards Day at School. Forgetting to have a working camera at his special event will lie heavily on your conscience for years.
- You want to get healthier and loose that 5-year-old post baby fat but cannot seem to find the time.
- If ever there was a time in my life that I need to revamp my GTD system this is it. Work is crazy, the little guy has so much to do in the next few months, and I want to find time to get healthier. Wait, if she is already using GTD why is she revamping her system?
Because, just like any mom out there I am constantly trying to make my home look nicer, my kids smarter, and trying to bust through the boring everyday tasks by shaking things up a bit. Life should be a fun, joyous adventure even if it is just doing the same old routine again and again. Plus, I bought some really cool stickers. 🙂
Key Word for Moms Here – Stress-Free. Are you convinced no that Moms Need GTD?
Who doesn’t want a little less stress? And by golly, Stress-Free! Sign me up.
FIND THE BOOK
Curious about the book? Grab It Here!
Best read ever doesn’t let the corporate talk scare you; it is adaptable for moms, pinky promise. And if you are a working momma, by golly grab those corporate ideas and give it a hug. I work for an Investment Casting Company and use GTD for home right along with my work stuff.
Read More About GTD Here: http://www.gtdtimes.com/about/