We are pulling out all the books on the shelves today and sharing our favorites and more. Enjoy this amazing list of 50 Best Valentine’s Day Books For Kids of all ages.
Enjoy a few wonderful memories of childhood favorite and discover some new books to add to your collection of check out at the library!
Best Valentine’s Day Books!
- Elmo Loves You (Sesame Street) (Little Golden Book) – Elmo shares a rollicking rap-like rhyme how everybody has something special to care about. He reminds readers that YES, “Elmo Love You!” This is a wonderful book for toddlers to enjoy this Valentine’s Day.
2. Llama Llama I Love You Board book – In Llama Llama I Love You, little llama shows his friends and family how much he loves them with heart-shaped cards and lots of hugs. What could be more adorable than Llama Llama on Valentine’s Day?
3.Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse! – Join Mouse as he makes valentines for all of his friends! Your young craft lovers will enjoy this book!
4.Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Is Cool Hardcover–Sticker Book, Join your favorite Cat in books and learn how Pete discovers that Valentine’s Day is super cool! Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Is Cool comes with a poster, stickers, and twelve punch-out Valentine’s Day cards.
5.Love from the Crayons Hardcover–Picture – Celebrate Valentine’s Day—and love—with the New York Times Best-Selling Crayons! Featuring everyone’s favorite coloring crew is the perfect gift for that special someone on Valentine’s Day—or any day of the year. My family LOVES the crayon books!
6.Little Blue Truck’s Valentine John Little Blue Truck as he delivers Valentine’s Day cards to all his farm animal friends. But as Blue beeps along, he wonders: will he get any cards of his own?
Favorite Kid Author Books
7.Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar (The World of Eric Carle) Using a range of images from the World of Eric Carle, and featuring the Very Hungry Caterpillar, this special gift book gives all the reasons someone special makes the world a better and brighter place. This is a splendid New York Times bestseller!
8. The Biggest Valentine Ever – When Mrs. Mousely asks her class to make valentines, Clayton and Desmond decide to make one together and give it to their teacher as a surprise. But things don’t go as planned. Find out what happens in this fun book that young children adore!
9. The Day It Rained Hearts – A perfect book for Valentine’s Day that helps open the hearts of young readers. From the beloved illustrator of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.
10. How Many Do I Love You? A Valentine Counting Book
(Padded Picture Board Book for Little Valentines, Ages 1-5) Enjoy counting this Valentine’s Day with chickens, hedgehogs, and more with this adorable Valentines board book for toddlers! Add to the family collection of best books for your valentine.
11. Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink (Gilbert the Opossum) – A fun book filled with giggles and the opportunity to learn about forgiveness and kindness.
An extra-fancy Valentine’s story that comes with a sheet of stickers to keep kids engaged and entertained! Almost everything about Valentine’s Day is fancy . . . especially with Fancy Nancy! We love Jane O’Connor’s books and will share many! She is a favorite around this house!
13.Fancy Nancy Loves! Loves!! Loves!!! Reusable Sticker Book – Fancy Nancy, from the top of her tiara down to her sparkly studded shoes, is determined to make everything she and her family do as fancy as possible. With this sticker book, you can help Nancy plan the fanciest tea party ever! Perfect activity for a cozy afternoon this Valentine’s day.
14. Nickelodeon PAW Patrol: Happy Valentine’s Day, Adventure Bay! (Scratch and Sniff) Board book
It’s Valentine’s Day in Adventure Bay, and Mr. Porter has baked some delicious treats for the town Valentine’s Day celebration! And then the adventure begins in this delightful scratch and sniff book~
15. Nickelodeon’s PAW Patrol FRIENDS in a coloring book featuring shiny stickers. Chase and the rest of his puppy pals celebrate friendship and teamwork. Girls and boys ages will love this coloring book with over 50 shiny stickers.
16 Best Furry Friends – Paw Patrol – Boys and girls ages 0 to 3 who like Nickelodeon’s PAW Patrol will love this board book. Adventure Bay’s furry friends of all sizes make friends and spread kindness throughout Adventure Bay. It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day—or anytime.
Valentine’s Day with Disney’s Mickiey and Minnie!
17. Minnie – Be My Sparkly Valentine- Join Minnie and friends for the sparkliest Valentine’s Day party ever! Millie and Melody want to have a Valentine’s Day party at Minnie’s Bow-tique, but things quickly turn into a sparkly mess!
18. Minnie’s Valentine – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse – Mickey does not know what to get Minnie for Valentine’s Day. Minnie goes undercover, using a disguise to teach Mickey how to make a heartfelt Valentine’s Day gift.
19. Disney Baby – My First Valentine’s Day – Filled with love and fun for your little ones, this board book with touch-and-feel elements introduces the joys of Valentine’s Day!
20. Disney Junior Happy Valentine’s Day! – Celebrate Valentine’s Day with three Disney Style Sweetie stories! Spread glitter and sparkles with Mickey and Minnie, trade ghoulentines with Vampirina, and party down with the baby animals at T.O.T.S. A Preschool Favorite for Valentine Story Time.
21. I Love You This Much – A sweet board book to compliment any Valentine’s Day book collection or starter library for your family.
22. Disney Baby Mickey and Minnie Mouse – Skidamarink-a-Doo, I love You! Sing-a-Long Sound Book – One of our favorite sing-a-long songs at home for decades!
Baby Shark truly needs no introduction to any PreSchool Parent! Cheers to its Valentine’s Book to add to your collection! It’s Valentine’s Day and Baby Shark is hard at working, making Valentine’s Day cards for each of his friends and family. This storybook includes stickers, cards, and a paper fortune teller!
Mercer Mayer’s classic and beloved character, Little Critter®, and his class’s Valentine’s Day celebration!
Classics and Dinosaurs
Childhoods for decades have loved Curious George. This is a wonderful classic to add to any family library!
A sweet and quick read, Logan is busy making valentines for his friends! We love dinosaur books!
27. The Berenstain Bears’ Valentine Blessings (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights: A Faith Story)
In The Berenstain Bears’ Valentine Blessings, young readers and Sister Bear find out that Brother Bear has a secret admirer! Sweetie Bear has sent him a valentine card, complete with pink hearts and flowers.
The New York Times bestselling picture book! It’s Valentine’s Day in young Amelia Bedelia’s classroom. And you know Amelia Bedelia—she wears her heart on her sleeve. Over 35 million Amelia Bedelia books sold since 1963!
Bestselling author Dan Gutman brings his kid-friendly sense of humor to this special series of after-school, holiday-themed chapter books featuring hilarious stories and thirty-two pages of games, puzzles, and more. This is one weird Valentine’s Day special you won’t want to miss!
Momma Note- We have always enjoyed this series, it will be on the list for our newest little ones, the grans. LOVE Dan Gutman books!
30. The Sweetest Valentine (Peppa Pig) – Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Peppa Pig!
31. Llama Llama Be My Valentine! – A Penguin Young Reader based on an episode of Llama Llama’s animated Netflix television series, perfect for celebrating Valentine’s Day! We have always enjoyed the Llama Llama books and this is perfect for the developing early reading skills.
32. What the World Needs Now Is Love – A beloved song is now available in a beautifully illustrated book and perfect for any valentine!
33. Groggle Monster Valentine – Groggle wants to make the perfect valentine for Snarlina!
Be sure to sign up for our free printable library! Valentine goodies and more!