For special occasions I break out my trusty overnight and simple but delicious breakfast casserole recipes. I collect these recipes so that I can make a breakfast for many or few in the blink of an eye on really busy mornings. ( Christmas, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day and Birthdays for example!)
Here is a collection of my favorite Breakfast Brunch Casserole Recipes some are over night but some are so easy you can pre-cut or cook the ingredients and put the casserole together in the morning very quickly.
Love her or can’t stand her, Paula Dean is my go to gal for good ol Simple Southern Casseroles. You see, the minute something awful or fantastic happens in the South you will see a nosy neighbor with a casserole dish at your door within 24 hours, less if they are a good friend or a sugar bowl neighbor ( your next door neighbor).
Here is a scrumptious Sausage Casserole that is simple yet flavorful with the sweetness of maple sausage baked with the sharp tang of cheddar cheese. So yummy!
1. Paula Dean’s Breakfast Casserole RecipeAnd second on my go to breakfast casseroles inspired by Paula Dean, our Christmas family favorite. Now, mind you, this casserole is so sweet your eyes will squeak, but it tastes so darn good.
I adore a good vegetable frittata and this one is filled with healthy veggies.
Onions, Mushrooms and Spinach are all super healthy choices in cooking filled with much need nutrients for your body. I cook these three mega foods all the time and try to add a bit to most savory recipes when I can.
For the Bacon Lover – This one has bacon, we are turkey bacon folks at Momma’s house but if you love bacon you will love this recipe.
Are you Gluten Free- Here is a gluten-free egg casserole recipe using pork sausage. Again, we are a pork free house, so we use turkey sausage without nitrates when we can find it!
I personally eat 80% Paleo and this recipe is the bomb! With yummy, soul satisfying sweet potatoes and spinach and onions it is health and joy all rolled up into a casserole dish. Oh Lordy!
Cracker Barrel is dear to my heart, we do not have Cracker Barrels in California, so when we travel I make sure to check for Cracker Barrel locations. This recipe is a copy of their famous hash browns casserole, my tummy is growling just thinking of its cheesy goodness, but alas I am going to just share the recipe and stop having these country cooking daydreams. 🙂
I love the smell of cinamon and oatmeal baking in the oven. Here are two recipes sure to please your oatmeal lover.
8. Taste of Home’s Overnight Baked Oatmeal with berries.
9. Onceuponachef.com has a smashing Amish Style Baked Oatmeal recipe with Apples! Mmmmm.
And for the little ones to help in the kitchen.
10. As You Like it Breakfast Egg Casserole – Simple Yet Easy For Children to Help!
I hope you can find a yummy breakfast/brunch casserole some place in our top 10.
Enjoy the day!
* Note: If your young child chef is looking to cook something special for father’s day or mother’s day chopped any vegetables and cook any open flame items yourself or help them locate pre-cooked and pre-cut versions at the market. Take time to teach budding chef proper knife skills and proper cooking safety before letting them run free in the kitchen!