Bread and Butter Pickle Coleslaw is a Southern favorite of our family suppers. We top our hotdogs, hamburgers, and bbq with this yummy slaw all during the summer. It also is a go-to dish for picnics because it travels well and tastes good cold or room temperature.
Bread and Butter Pickle Coleslaw
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced Organic Bread and Butter Pickles
- 1/4 cup juice from the Organic Bread and Butter Pickles Jar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Directions: There is no special way to mix this up because the ingredients are so simple.
- There is no special way to mix this up because the ingredients are so simple.
- Just dump the first four ingredients in a bowl and toss, then gradually add your salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
- I served this tonight on Uncured Nitrate Free Chicken Dogs with whole grain buns and my family loved it.
- I have some left over which I will add red kidney beans to tomorrow for a small lunch salad along with a few slivers of red onion.
*note: organic bread and butter pickles do not contain the HFC which is a major plus for me but may not be available at your local store. If that is the then I would just use chopped cucumbers and make a vinegarette with honey, olive oil and vinegar or just use the brand available to you!