Begin your journey to peace with our 40 Day Clutter Challenge. Do not let clutter rob you of joy, time, energy, and peace.
Begin Your Journey To Peace
Many folks around the world, including myself, will be observing Lent for 40 days beginning tomorrow on Ash Wednesday. This is a time to look at yourself in the mirror and think, do I like what I see. What changes do I need to make to be a better person, spouse, volunteer, teacher, mother, daughter? How can I serve God in a more thoughtful and authentic way?
Clutter Robs Us of Time and Energy
I understand that many people may not be Christian that read here, but we all have clutter. Clutter robs us of time and energy. That is energy that we could devote to working on our own personal well-being and our relationships with our family and other loved ones as well as colleagues and our work.
[bctt tweet=”Clutter robs you of time and energy, it takes away your peace. ~Plist “]
Other things we lose with too much stuff.
- Our space
- Our money
- Our peace
- Our organization
- Our efficiency
For the next 40 days we will share one assignment per day to take back some our peace, time, efficiency, energy and by doing so we can save money and become more organized. Note- we will have Sunday off. 🙂
- We can save money by not buying duplicates of items we already own. ( I am so guilty of this, especially during the holidays)
- We can be more organized because less stuff is always easier to organize than more stuff.
Don’t let clutter rob you of peace and energy. Join us!
I will see tomorrow, for the first challenge.
Peace, joy, and popcorn,
List of Challenges
- Begin Your Journey To Peace – Gather Tools (Donations Boxes and Trash Bags)
- You Are Loved – Desk or Work Table
- Love First In Your Home – The Kitchen
- Choose to Be Happy – Small Kitchen Appliances
- Hug Someone – Kitchen Junk Drawer and Cookbooks
- Be a Good Messenger – Computer, Phone Apps, and Children’s Books.
- Your Clothes and the Bathroom
- Your Children’s Clothes and the Extra Bathroom
- Slow Down and The Garage and the Storage Room
- Clothing Items, 2nd Day of Garage and Storage Room
- Family Time and Reader’s Choice
- Live With Little Regret – Be In The Moment – Laundry Room and Hall Closet
- Family Movie Nights – Video Games and DVDs
- Smile Today – Craft Stashes and Office
- To Thine Own Self Be True
- Kissing and Pick Your Own Space – we call this Reader’s Choice. 🙂
- 40 Waking Up Early Perks – Fireplace and Decorative Pieces
- Instilling Hope In Your Family – Dining Room
- Forgiveness – The Pantry Pt. 1
- Choose Joy – Kitchen Pantry
- Reader’s Choice and Your Personal Clutter Journey
P.S. You might want to take a peek to see how many trash bags and donations boxes you have.