I am posting this ocean photo because I have been a bit off the grid. I am not really going to write a long post about this but two weeks ago my brother, my only brother, my baby brother passed away in his sleep from complications of taking prescribed cough syrup while being on oxygen. I am still in a very sad place, he was my comrade and we were working on a project together while raising kids. My brother Mike, was a holy man, who loved God, his family and helping people. It is going to be hard for a while, they tell me and I agree. Because this is the kind of hurt that robs your of your breath and steals tears away at random times throughout the day. I miss him so very much. But I still have my little guy at home to raise and my oldest son and dear husband so I must push forward, because life cannot wait any longer. Please embrace your family with love and compassion, even when you have troubled waters, you never know when they will move on the next phase of their journey. Give hugs, say I love you and make plans to spend time together.
Mikey and I
Cleaning Mirrors and Windows
DONT FORGET YOUR DAILIES! Click here for information.
This week we are leaning into healthy family meals in a hurry!
Here is our Healthy Fast Menu Plan for the Week
- Monday – Baked Gluten Free Mac and Cheese, BBQ Turkey Meatballs and Salad
- Tuesday – Dinner Out – Indian- Our version of Fat Tuesday!
- Wednesday – Grilled Chicken, Greek Style Green Beans, Grilled Pineapple, Chopped Vegetable Salad
Revised for Ash Wednesday – Hot Tuna Stir Fry – a lean recipe with Wild Caught tuna in the pouch with onions, capers and garlic… this might scare away young children, but I kind of like it.
- Thursday – Leftovers, Frozen Soup, Chili or Sandwiches – its Family Diner Night!
- Friday – Baked Fish with lemon and olive oil, Homemade Fries, Vegetable Tray
- Saturday – Roast Chicken, Green Beans, Country Squash, Mashed Potatoes – I may buy a roast chicken at the Market this week, as a time saver, but this recipe is divine. When you are in a hurry, you can roast your chicken a couple of days in advance to reheat for dinner later in the week.
- Sunday – Pantry Meal – Pasta and Meat Sauce with a Lettuce Wedge and Yogurt Dressing
Here is the Cleaning List for the Week!
- Monday – Deep Clean Kitchen – Choose wisely on major appliance or area to deep clean. This week I am cleaning and organizing the pantry. It is so much easier to put together a quick pantry meal when the pantry is well-organized and stocked with a few staples.
- Tuesday – Bathroom – Give the bathrooms and good scrubbing, especially, tubs, showers, sinks and mirrors.
- Wednesday – Dust and Mirrors and Windows – Dust all the furniture and doodads, shine all mirrors and windows on the inside.
- Thursday – Give the Dining Area/Room extra attention today by putting away all stray items, polishing the furniture and whacking down any cobwebs in the corner.
- Friday – Declutter-one area for 5 to 10 minutes or catch up on anything that was missed during the week. Keep it simple, Friday is for family and fun!
- Saturday-Linens and Extra Laundry Don’t you love the idea of fresh smelling sheets and towels!
- Sunday – Consider Family Game Day! Board games! We are turning off electronics during Lent on Sundays. I am so excited to really discover new alternatives to video games with our sons.
Our favorite Monopoly!
Monopoly Board Game
Under 15 bucks and is always a hit and a great way to practice counting money with the grade school kiddos.
Hug your babies! Love you family!
I love you all,