This week I am keeping cooking simple so that I have more family time. I plan to double batch cook Spicy Veggie Mexican Soup on Monday and ask my sweet Valentine hubby to grill some of his “world famous” bbq chicken breast. This will make quite the feast this week with the addition of a Baked Potato Bar and tuna salad for Friday.
Here is the Menu Plan for the Week
- Monday – Grilled Chicken Breast, Greek Style Green Beans, Steam New Potatoes and Salad
- Tuesday – Spicy Mexican Veggie Soup with Grilled Cheese for the Boys
- Wednesday – Baked Potato Bar with Chopped BBQ Chicken
- Thursday – Pantry Meal – Gluten Free Mac and Cheese and Vegetable Chopped Salad with Garbanzo Beans
- Friday – Tuna Salad over chopped greens and melon
- Saturday – Dinner Out
- Sunday – Crockpot Turkey Breast, Collard Greens and Mashed Potatoes
Cleaning for the Week
Because we are in the midst of our 40 Day Clutter Challenge I am doing my daily cleaning list, scrubbing the tub and shower and making sure I keep the kitchen clean after every use. ( Which is a big deal for busy moms and dads with kids around!)
- Here is my personally Daily Cleaning List.
- Bedroom: Make Beds, Pick Up Stray Clothes, Tidy Nightstand. Consider organizing your nightstand and pairing down the clutter to make this task go fast!
- Laundry: Wash, Dry, Fold and Put-away One Load for Sanity and two If you are feeling industrious or have a large family.
- Bathroom: Wipe and Swipe! Wipe down sinks, counters and give the toilet a quick swish and swipe because icky toilets are gross!
- Floors – Sweep or Vacuum The Top Three Busy Rooms! The entryway, the kitchen and family room or choose your own top three.
- Kitchen –Clean As You Go! Every evening wipe down counters and refrigerator handle. Empty the trash. Set out breakfast tools.
- Tidy/Clutter: Spend 10 Minutes in the Morning and Evening Tidying and Decluttering Your Home. You may only need 10 and this is a team effort. Anyone old enough to put items in a box can help with the evening tidy session!
- Deep Clean – Don’t forget to deep clean one area or item each day for 5 minutes or until finished.
Your deep cleaning list should be built around items that can be finished very quickly. If you write things down that will take hours they will may never be accomplished, especially for busy working parents!
Tomorrow on the 40 Day Clutter Challenge
Your Computer Desk Top, Phone Apps, and Children’s Books
If none of these apply then choose your own are for your 20 minute or less tidy/organizing period and your daily 12 out the door!
Have a wonderful Sunday and a Happy Valentines Day!
We are linking up with http://orgjunkie.com there are so many meal ideas on this site every Monday! It is worth a look.