Sometimes you just want a quick meal, with real ingredients, that warms your heart and soul. This Easy Green Pea Soup Recipe is an invitation to sit down and enjoy a fresh, home cooked meal in minutes. The lush green peas blended with chicken stock and real butter are a treat, but not a big cheat. Just a hint of butter takes this dish a long way and it is super satisfying.
Easy Green Pea Soup Recipe
With six simple ingredients and yummy garnishes, you can have this dish on the table in as little as 15 minutes. Our easy green pea soup recipe pairs are just the ticket on a mild summer day or a cool autumn evening. The recipe is freezer friendly and goes great with a grilled cheese sandwich or sourdough toast. I love adding a garnish of fresh mint and croutons, it makes the dish pretty and the mint really brings out the meaty taste of the peas.
Pair this dish with some delicious Irish Soda Bread!
Let’s Make Some Soup!
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock ( I like chicken)
- 1 10oz. canned green peas
- 1/2 of a medium onion
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar or a tsp of honey
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat blended ingredients in saucepan until soup starts to gently bubble.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh mint and croutons.
You can also take this up a notch with a bit of seeded jalapeno, garnish with sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, and cilantro.