If you are looking for a few Easy Keto Family Dinner Ideas and you happen to have a picky eater or two in the house, you are in luck! This week our menu plan is offering keto/low carb dinner ideas to please even the pickiest kid on the block.
Easy Keto Family Dinner Ideas
Easy Keto Family Dinner Ideas you and the kids will love. These keto family dinners are perfect for moms who are trying the keto lifestyle but have a picky eater in the house.
Learning how to eat in a different way is so tough. Keto is no different because it removes some of our American standard fair, including macaroni and cheese and any kind of bread. Yes, there are substitutes you can make and bake, but they are time-consuming and have a learning curve.
To be successful in Keto, it takes lots of planning. It also takes a few got to recipes that are going to make the whole family enjoy dinner. And yes! I have discovered there are recipes I can make that the boys will enjoy while also keeping momma on track for Keto!
I am very new to Keto, but not new to picky eaters. Here are a few of my tips to have Keto Dinners and still keep the family dinner time peace.
Keto Family Dinner Tips
- Make the main dish keto and something they all like. Roasted meats, Meaty Chilies, or Casseroles that incorporate their favorites.
- Have a green low carb side. Encourage the one-bit club to at least TRY the green vegetable.
- Serve raw vegetable crudites often including vegetable the kids love and ones you would like them to try.
- Serve toast or rolls for the family members who are not following the keto plan.
- Make the dinner table festive, light a candle, and keep the topics light and friendly. Save the serious talks outside of dinner time.
- Keep trying new recipes the kids might like. Eventually, you will have a repertoire of yummy dishes to rotate.
Low Carb Menu Plan with Keto Recipes
- Monday – Keto Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs ( Recipe Coming Soon) with a chopped green salad, and buttery oven roasted corn on the cob for my boys.
- Tuesday – Baked Salmon with Fried Cabbage and Onions. If I am short on time, I purchase precooked salmon at Whole Foods, if not we baked the salmon at home with simple olive oil and lemon. I am serving this with sliced cucumbers and carrots to fill up my picky eaters.
- Wednesday – My amazing Turkey Chili, minus the beans. It is low carb and suitable for keto, I am adding spinach to get my greens! The boys will have garlic toast to fill their bellies.
- Thursday – Rocrock Roasted Chicken, Mashed Cauliflower with lots of cheese for the guys, shredded greens with olive oil and a squeeze or two of lemon.
- Friday – BLT with sliced egg for me on a lettuce wrap, Toast and extra beloved turkey bacon for my no-beef husband.
- Saturday – Dinner Out – I love a local restaurant that serves Diablo Shrimp and roasted vegetables. This is my FAVORITE find for eating on plan. I just eat the veggies that are low carb. So good!
- Sunday –Low Carb Italian Style Meatballs with zucchini noodles and Cheesy Easy Keto Biscuits
Need More Keto Family Dinner Recipes!
- Mexican Chicken Fajitas
- Low-Carb Crustless Taco Pie
- Pork Chops with Garlic Wine Sauce
- Meat Bagels – I know right? The kids will love this idea!
- Lemon Baked Salmon with Asparagus
Learning the Keto Lifestyle is a challenge! I hope you can find recipes that your family will love! Please give me more ideas in the comments!
Need more Menu Planning Ideas? Check out our many yummy meal planning ideas here! What’s For Supper? Menu Planning for Busy Families